Going to the next level IV
· Going to the next level of Fruitfulness. Being in the Kingdom of God is all about growing. Becoming fruitful.
· How many of us have stopped some where in our growth? You know that anything that is living is growing or it is dieing. Let's look at a few scriptures first.
Gal 6:9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. (NIV)
"if we do not give up"
John 15:1-8 Talks about bearing fruit.
14 The sower soweth the word. 15 And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts. 16 And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness; 17 And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended. 18 And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word,
19 And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful. 20 And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred. 21 And he said unto them, Is a candle brought to be put under a bushel, or under a bed? and not to be set on a candlestick? (KJV)
Five things the devil uses to make us give up.
· Affliction: Pressures
· Persecution: when others cut you off. It's weeding time. Not to rid ourselves of people.
· ariseth for the word's sake: Gravity, where does it come from? We are drawn by the earth and the earth is drawn by the Sun. These two allow us to stand up. What if the sun was not there we would be pressed to the earth. And the earth would fly out into space. It would not work. But if there were only the Sun we would fly off the earth and into the Sun. As we reach for the Glory of God, it is the gravity that keeps us anchored as we grow toward the Son. All things have learned to live here with this pressure. * For some this pressure ie.. gravity is too much pressure, getting out of Bed is too much. We also have to know that the laws of Phisics say that the larger the mass the more affect that Gravity has on you, this is called Weight increase)
· The cares of this world: The attractions and distractions of this age *computer, having stuff that we see as important for life that really is not. Recreation that is too much. Can we afford all these things? Not financially, but out time with God? Do I have time now?
· The deceitfulness of riches: The deception of wealth. Money can't get you what you really want. But the thing about deception is that we are deceived, so we really don't believe that. Who is the God of this world? Mammon.(2Cor.4:3)
· The lust of other things. I Jn 2:15-17 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. Also:
Gal 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8 The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.
1 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. (we confidently and joyfully look forward to actually becoming all that God has had in mind for us to be.(TLB) 3 Not only so, but we also rejoice in (positional "in the midst of") our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. (NIV)
Are we enjoying the Journey?
· We also rejoice in (positional "in the midst of") our sufferings (Pressure)
· If we stop rejoicing at this point then we didn't really believe that we would arrive at our Hope.
· Many stop before the doors of pressure and quit or complain, instead of rejoicing in the coming fruit.
1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
· because we know that suffering produces perseverance. This is we see it's worth, we understand and perceive the WHY.
· suffering produces perseverance: Pressures trains your (hopeful)endurance
· My Marathon training hurts sometimes, but I cannot quit. Looking to the goal, even if I have to continually reset my goals to make progress.
· perseverance, produces character (I like Experience better) or "the seal of Quality" By day by day proving that something works we come to the place where we can trust someone or something. We can only get this on the way to our Hope.
· character, produces our hope. We want what we want now. We don't want pressure or a proving time.
2 Cor 4:13-5:10
13 It is written: "I believed; therefore I have spoken." With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak, 14 because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you in his presence. 15 All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God. 16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
1 Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. 2 Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, 3 because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked.
4 For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.
5 Now it is God who has made us for this very purpose and has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come. 6 Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. 7 We live by faith, not by sight. 8 We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. 9 So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due to him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad. (NIV)
Going to the next level:
In our relationship with God.
In our obedience
In our love walk with others (including family)
In Ministry to others