Building up the parts of the body
29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: 30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. (KJV)
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
· You know until we discover how special we are to the Lord and what a wonderful thing he did when he created us, we will not be able to fulfill his plan for us.
· How I see myself is how I see the body of Christ because I am a member of this body.
Matt 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
dianoia (dee-an'-oy-ah); from 1223 and 3563; deep thought, properly, the faculty (mind or its disposition), by implication, its exercise:
KJV-- imagination, mind, understanding.
Proverbs 23:7 For as the thoughts of his heart are, so is he: Take food and drink, he says to you; but his heart is not with you.
1 Chr 4:9-10
9 Jabez was more distinguished (received more honor)than any of his brothers. His mother named him Jabez because she had such a hard time at his birth (Jabez means "Distress, suffering pain").
10 He was the one who prayed to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would wonderfully bless me and help me in my work; please be with me in all that I do, and keep me from all evil and disaster!" And God granted him his request.(TLB)
1 Chr 4:9-10
9 Now Jabez was more honorable than his brothers, and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, "Because I bore him in(my) pain."
10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, "Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!" So God granted him what he requested. (NKJ)
* His mother named him distress because she had such a hard time at his birth!
* I wonder what she named her other children?
* He was given a name, an identity from his mothers pain! That is often where we get such titles and judgements, from other peoples hurts.
v Your Parents? your from a poor family, we´ve always been doing this or that., your no good, your worthless, your hopeless etc..)
v Your Friends? it seems that many of our friends in life have hurt us, doesn´t it? What many have spoken over us.
v Your culture and people? (you don´t understand we´re Czech... people will call us a sect if we follow Jesus all the way.The newspapers say, the TV reporter says, the government says, etc...)
v Yourself? This is the one that has the most effect on our lives (I´m old, young, big, small, weak, ugly, sickly, etc..) The devil is the real source!
Where do you get your name from? What do you call yourself? You don´t understand Jerry, I can´t because... no one gives me a job, no is helping me, no chances, I’ve failed so many times already..
Your going to have to break loose from what people say and think to be able to reach up to God! It`s time for a breakthrough! People are always going to be against the things God wants us to do!
1 Pet 2:12
12 Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation. (1 Pet 3:16)
· "Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!"
· Jabez knew that having the Lord with him was his garantee of success.
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. (KJV)
5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. (KJV)
· that I may not cause pain!( and keep me from all evil and disaster!)
· The hurts that we continue to carry around from others will manifest and hurt ourselves and others in our lives.
· What you believe about yourself will determine if your life is a success.
· What God says about you
· What yourself and others say about you.
9 When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? (KJV)