Being led by the spirit#2
· How many really want to be led by the spirit?
· This will mean that we have to decide to obey what the spirit leads us to do, don’t we?
· What is the opposite of being led by the spirit? I want, I think, I feel…. I constantly confuse my feelings with the will and the moving of God.
· Knowing the will of God is not the same as doing it.
· Being led by the spirit in all areas of our lives. Being led by the spirit will lead you into developing the fruit of the spirit. He will also lead us into the blessings that he has prepared for us. (1Cor.2:9-10)
1. You must be willing to die to yourself:
2. You must be Willing to make an investment:
3. Free from the fear of Man.
1. You must be willing to die to yourself: (Let him deny himself) I want I think I feel…. Our flesh dominating our desires. My flesh wants to convince God that our will is his will.
· Submitting: is being willing not to get your own way. Going from Teenager to adult. Learning to be truthful and take responsibility.. no word games… growing up spiritually and naturally are very similar.
· That is why there is a difference between a surrendered will and a submitted will. When we surrender we give up because we cannot win, till we have a chance to fight again, but when we submit we have "a voluntary attitude of giving in, cooperating, assuming responsibility, and carrying a burden".
· People do what they want to no matter what God says. If we are intent on doing something we will find a way to do it. We will talk ourselves into it and others and God. Ie.. you see I think.. and God must have meant.. and you know over here in the Bible it says…..
23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. 24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it. 25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away? 26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.
2. You must be Willing to make an investment: (Take up his cross daily) Don’t get tired of doing what is right. Our lives are the sum of our daily decisions, not our life long goals or vision. We can say what we want to be someday, but we will only be what we decide to be DAILY.
Being willing to do the things that are not comfortable. Making the investment in what God has for us to do. What is that called? WORK. Working at developing ourselves. Being led by the spirit? Where is the God going to lead us? “I don’t know Jerry! That is my question. Isn’t that knowing his will?”
· You became a living SOUL! Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. God is dealing with man. Do you know what that means? He has to work with a man that is being soulishly led also. He has to change how we live in our, souls before we will follow him. Your mind, will and emotions. A renewed mind, a submitted will and expressive emotions.
¨ The way of preparation:
· Study and training
Matt 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Josh 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
· Practice in the little things first
2 Tim 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. (parable of the talents) and despise not the day of small beginnings.
· Trials and faithfulness
James 1:2-4 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; 3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. 4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
4 "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. 5 "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 "If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.
7 "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
· Character building
What you think, choose, and feel when no one else is looking. The man of the heart is the real man. His soul thoughts are the real ones. These are the ones we are renewing. Your thoughts determine your choices, which determine your emotions. You will only go as high in God as your character allows.
· It all takes time because God has a time for everything. Acts 1:7
¨ You can’t bake a cake faster then it takes. Burned on the outside(Relationships) or raw on the inside (immature). Moses, David, Joseph, Jesus!
Gal 4:1-2 Now I say that the heir, as long as he is a child, does not differ at all from a slave, though he is master of all, but is under guardians and stewards until the time appointed by the father.
¨ Are we going to trust God that when it is time he will release all that we need to do his will?
¨ Learning God’s timing. If we follow him instead of running ahead we will get it right. In the Old testament when the cloud moved, they moved when it stopped they set up camp.
¨ The way up is the way down:
· Servanthood the way to the throne and humility.
35 And James and John, the sons of Zebedee, come unto him, saying, Master, we would that thou shouldest do for us whatsoever we shall desire.(They wanted Jesus to do this for them) 36 And he said unto them, What would ye that I should do for you? 37 They said unto him, Grant unto us that we may sit, one on thy right hand, and the other on thy left hand, in thy glory. 38 But Jesus said unto them, Ye know not what ye ask: can ye drink of the cup that I drink of? and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? 39 And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized: 40 But to sit on my right hand and on my left hand is not mine to give; but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared. 41 And when the ten heard it, they began to be much displeased with James and John. 42 But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them. 43 But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister: 44 And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all. 45 For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.