37 When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart(They Believed) and said to Peter and the other apostles, "Brothers, what shall we do?" 38 Peter replied, "Repent and be baptised, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off-- for all whom the Lord our God will call."40 With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation." 41 Those who accepted his message were baptised, and about three thousand were added to their number that day. 42 They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43 Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. 44 All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45 Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need.46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47 praising God and enjoying the favour of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. (NIV)
12 But when they believed Philip as he preached the good news of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptised, both men and women. 13 Simon himself believed and was baptised. And he followed Philip everywhere, astonished by the great signs and miracles he saw. (NIV)
44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message. 45 The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on the Gentiles. 46 For they heard them speaking in tongues and praising God. Then Peter said, 47 "Can anyone keep these people from being baptised with water? They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have." 48 So he ordered that they be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days. (NIV)
· Is the Order important? Yes. You can only be Baptized after you have believed.
· But you can be Spirit filled with the Spirit before you are Baptized.
13 He told us how he had seen an angel appear in his house and say, 'Send to Joppa for Simon who is called Peter. 14 He will bring you a message through which you and all your household will be saved.' 15 "As I began to speak, the Holy Spirit came on them as he had come on us at the beginning. 16 Then I remembered what the Lord had said: 'John baptised with water, but you will be baptised with the Holy Spirit.' 17 So if God gave them the same gift as he gave us, who believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I to think that I could oppose God?" (NIV)
· An open profession of an inner decision. Ro. 10:9-10 Believe in your Heart! A sign of a Covenant of Repentance, Repent and be baptised every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit
· Baptism was first practiced in the New Testament by John! Matt.3:6
· Devotion to learning, fellowship, having all things common, continued together, glad and sincere hearts. You are commiting to the Lord! If you cannot do this, you should not be Baptized! First Repentance! * What if you married someone and then found out that they had no interest in you? They didn´t want to do any of the things that we mentioned? BAD!!!
· Then followed by the infilling of the Holy Spirit! "Have you receive the Holy Spirit since you have believed?"
1 While Apollos was at Corinth, Paul took the road through the interior and arrived at Ephesus. There he found some disciples 2 and asked them, "Have you receive the Holy Spirit since you have believed?" They answered, "No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit." 3 So Paul asked, "Then what baptism did you receive?" "John's baptism," they replied. 4 Paul said, "John's baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus." 5 On hearing this, they were baptised ( a second time) into the name of the Lord Jesus. 6 When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied.
11 "I baptise you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptise you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.
7 And this was his message: "After me will come one more powerful than I, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie.
8 I baptise you with water, but he will baptise you with the Holy Spirit."
16 John answered them all, "I baptise you with water. But one more powerful than I will come, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptise you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.
33 I would not have known him, except that the one who sent me to baptise with water told me, 'The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is he who will baptise with the Holy Spirit.'
5 For John baptised with water, but in a few days you will be baptised with the Holy Spirit."
16 Then I remembered what the Lord had said: 'John baptised with water, but you will be baptised with the Holy Spirit.'
#1 Believe and Repent
#2 Be Baptized or filled with the Spirit (after you believe)
#3 Be filled with the Spirit or be Baptized
#4 Continue in Faithfulness with the Lord till his return!
· I can´t be Baptized, my life is not right with the Lord! Then Get saved! I am saved! Then get right! Excuses, the easiest things to find and the hardest to let go of!
· I don´t believe that you have to be filled with the Spirit. Well your experiences will always follow your faith! Be it unto you as you have believed.
· I mean I think that it was enough to be Baptized when I was a Baby! The Bible says that with the Traditions of man we make the Word of God of no effect! We have Bible for Baptism after Faith, not a Bible verse for Baby Baptism.
· I have believed since then, is it important to be Baptized so long afterwards? That one had as much meaning as your last bath.