If we are going to practically live in the Kingdom of God we have to decide where we are going to get our Facts. The kingdom of this world has it’s facts and the Kingdom of God has it’s own set of Facts. The, TV, Radio, Newspapers, Magazines, information highway (Highways lead some place), etc.
Facts: Those things that are found to prove that something has been done or will be done!
· Am I saying that all these types of media are bad? NO! Am I saying that all facts from and about the world are bad? NO! Content is important, But even more important, there is a desensitising of our spirit happening and a change in our thinking. We are learning that all we need for life comes through natural media! There is a spiritual media too! 1Cor.2,9-14
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. (KJV)
17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.
18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations; according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.
19 And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb:
20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. (KJV)
· calleth those things which be not as though they were. We have to be careful to what we receive as facts. There is a report that you will get from the natural world and one that you will get from God. This is the difference: where do we get our information from? The Kingdom of the world or the kingdom of God?
· Who against hope believed in hope. There was no natural reason to have hope.
· he considered not.
· his own body now dead (His ability to make it work)(He could still try through another woman)
· the deadness of Sarah's womb (Others ability to make it work)
Num 13: 26-33
26 And they went and came to Moses, and to Aaron, and to all the congregation of the children of Israel, unto the wilderness of Paran, to Kadesh; and brought back word unto them, and unto all the congregation, and shewed them the fruit of the land. 27 And they told him, and said, We came unto the land whither thou sentest us, and surely it floweth with milk and honey; and this is the fruit of it. 28 Nevertheless (These are the facts) the people be strong that dwell in the land, and the cities are walled, and very great: and moreover we saw the children of Anak there. 29 The Amalekites dwell in the land of the south: and the Hittites, and the Jebusites, and the Amorites, dwell in the mountains:
and the Canaanites dwell by the sea, and by the coast of Jordan. 30 And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it. 31 But the men that went up with him said, We be not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we. 32 And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great
stature. 33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight. (KJV)
35 I, the LORD, have spoken, and I will surely do these things to this whole wicked community, which has banded together against me. They will meet their end in this desert; here they will die."
36 So the men Moses had sent to explore the land, who returned and made the whole community grumble against him by spreading a bad report about it--
· Let’s hear a modern version of these reports.
This is TV Nova. We have a report from our middle east correspondent. Achmid Schashlic.
Reporter: Abraham.. that name, doesn’t that mean the father of a great nation?
Reporter: How many children do you have? Etc..
We have a Doctors report about the possibility of you having children. There is no documentation of this ever happening...
· Reporter: Caleb was there or was there not a powerful people with, tanks, guns, etc.. and how many people do you have and how much experience etc..
· But Jerry, the economy in the Czech Republic, and the Giants(rich people) and the government, and the corruption, the social system, the job market, no apartments, crime, etc...
· How many of us heard these reports from God? Are these not the FACTS? Yes but not ours. Our facts are the words of our Kingdom!
· The reporters of the world out number us 10 to 2. But the Joshuas and Calebs are the ones with the true report!
5 Then Moses and Aaron fell on their faces before all the assembly of the congregation of the children of Israel. 6 And Joshua the son of Nun, and Caleb the son of Jephunneh, which were of them that searched the land, rent their clothes: 7 And they spake unto all the company of the children of Israel, saying, The land, which we passed through to search it, is an exceeding good land. 8 If the LORD delight in us, then he will bring us into this land, and give it us; a land which floweth with milk and honey. 9 Only rebel not ye against the LORD, neither fear ye the people of the land; for they are bread for us: their defence is departed from them, and the LORD is with us: fear them not. 10 But all the congregation bade stone them with stones...
· God knows your limitations before he asks you to do something.
· Everything God asks you to do is impossible, without him.
· Our flesh will never be comfortable doing the things of God. The timing will always seem wrong, The resources too little, the time too short, the strength too small, not enough....
25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand: (KJV)
5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. (KJV)
6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. (KJV)
· Purify my heart from what? Verses 1-5 talk about an internal war between this worldly kingdom and God’s. Love this world system, you are an enemy of God!