I came to fulfill the law
· I don’t believe in the Law, I believe in Jesus!
· I don’t believe in Tithing, I believe in Jesus!
· I don’t believe in the Ten Commandments, I believe in Jesus!
· I don’t believe in doing good, I believe in Jesus!
· Wait before you run out thinking this is against God, let me explain What I mean!
Those things are not done by faith, so I cannot believe in them! There is no redeeming factor to doing these things.
· You know to really grow up we have to begin to do the things that are right without being told from the outside, but to live by what we have on the inside. Zb.. When I was raising my children, I was all things to them. I was the the LAW first of all. I taught them the benefit of grace and wrote the laws upon their hearts. But when it was time to grow up I expected them to start making their choices based on their hearts not upon me being there to always tell them what to do.
1 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; 2 But is under tutors and governors (the law) until the time appointed of the father. 3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: 4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, 5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. 6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. (the voice of the father on the inside)
· We didn’t want to obey God before. Now his spirit is in us desiring to do his will!
1 Cor 13:8-13
8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity. (KJV)
· We live in a middle place. We are saved, but we live in a fallen world and in a fleshly body. We cannot become perfectly complete outside of Faith, Hope and Love. These are the forces that keep us in the spirit, and not in the flesh.
14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven. (KJV)
· You see trying to fulfil the law outside of Jesus is not by faith, hope or love. It is by works. Works will keep me in the realm of the flesh. In this realm I cannot please God.
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. (KJV)
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. (KJV)
· Here is where we have problems in our understanding. Like Paul was asked in the book of Romans so often, “does that mean we can keep on sinning so that the grace of God will increase?” He said NO!
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
15 What then? *shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.(Growing up)
18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
19 speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness. (KJV)
shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace?
· If you were under the Law and you did not tithe, would it be a sin? Yes! Is the law bad after we get under grace? No! What is God saying then? FULFIL IT WITHOUT HAVING TO BE TOLD! Without fear, but with love, yield yourself to the righteousness of the law without the fear of the penalty of it!
· There are many