Curse the root and plant new fruit
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
· How many of you have fruit in your lives that you do not like? What can we do then? Matt 3:10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. (Not pluck the fruit!)
· What are the Major roots that are producing fruit and ruining our lives?
1 Tim 6:10
10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. (KJV)
15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled; (KJV)
18 In the morning, as he was returning to Jerusalem, he was hungry
19 and noticed a fig tree beside the road. He went over to see if there were any figs, but there were only leaves. Then he said to it, "Never bear fruit again!" And soon the fig tree withered up.
20 The disciples were utterly amazed and asked, "How did the fig tree wither so quickly?"
21 Then Jesus told them, "Truly, if you have faith and don't doubt, you can do things like this and much more. You can even say to this Mount of Olives, 'Move over into the ocean,' and it will.
22 You can get anything-- anything you ask for in prayer-- if you believe."(TLB)
· Let us make this clear, cursing the root and getting a new Harvest are two different things! You will only reap what you sow!
14 The sower soweth the word.
15 And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.
16 And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness;
17 And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.
18 And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word,
19 And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.
20 And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.
· The heart is a container and will hold whatever you put into it!
· Let’s see how we can stop the seeds of the devil from growing in our hearts!
· Let’s take the Parable of the sower and turn it around and see how we can stop the growth of the devil’s seeds!
1. v:20 This is what happens to the words of the devil that are sown into the heart of a flesh led person. They hear the devils words and receive them and bring forth fruit, 30, 60, 100 fold.
2. v:18-19 This is what happens to the words of the devil that are sown among healthy plants, they hear the words of the devil, but the Peace of the Lord, Trust in God’s provision and the desire for only his Presence enter in and choke the word of the devil and it becomes unfruitful. (the love of money cannot take root)
3. v:16-17 This is what happens to the words of the devil that are sown in the hearts of those that are standing on the Rock!(Matt7:24) They hear the words and reject them immediately. (2 Cor.10:4-5) and because they have such deep roots in themselves, they endure forever and when affliction and persecution come they are not offended! (no root of bitterness)
4. v:15 This is what happens to the words of the devil that are sown in the path of the flesh, absolutly nothing! Because you are living and walking in the spirit so far away from this path that nothing will grow and the spirit of God comes and simply sweeps it away!
· How do we sow? How do you sow words? With your mouth!
20 A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.
21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.