Baptized with the Holy Ghost
4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
· WHY? Was this important? Didn’t they already have the Holy Spirit? John 20:22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit.
11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
7 And preached, saying, There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose.
8 I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.
16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:
John 1:26-27 + 33
26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not;
27 He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose.
33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.
16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.
4 And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.(Lk 4:18-29)
· The Church of Jesus Christ is a Spirit Baptised Church. Can we with all the evidence before us settle for a church that is not spirit filled? How can we do the works of God? How can we fulfill the call of God on our lives?
· We will never be a restoring, Building, raising up, repairing, joyful, beautiful, praising, preaching, proclaiming, releasing, comforting Church without the Holy Spirit!
· The Holy Spirit is not a name tag, a title! Only if we boldly, fully give ourselves to the Spirit of God will we experience his fulness. ONLY
· But are the people that are not spirit filled, are they saved? YES! But isn’t that all that is important? Not according to Jesus Christ, the founder of the Church! Acts 1:4…commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem!(The place of peace) until!!!!
18 Don't drink too much wine, for many evils lie along that path; be filled instead with the Holy Spirit and controlled by him.
19 Talk with each other much about the Lord, quoting psalms and hymns and singing sacred songs, making music in your hearts to the Lord.
20 Always give thanks for everything to our God and Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. (TLB)
· Every seven years there was a year of release. Debts were canceled, the land was to have a rest, slaves were set free.
· after seven time seven years there was a time of release, a year of Jubilee, a year of rejoicing like no other.
21 Then Peter came to Him and said, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times(periods of time, till the year of release)?
22 Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.(490 years) (NKJ)