Some good ideas for maintaining an orderly productive meeting:
- Having a definite time limit and adjourn on time, through or not.
- Have a chairman who knows parliamentary procedures and insists on following that due procedure.
- Have an agenda and require all items to be placed on the agenda ahead of time. Those not on it will not be discussed.
- Do not allow one man or a small group to consume an undue portion of time.
- Take time to inform and educate brethren as to what a business meeting is for; its true purpose and goals.
Preaching to Preachers about Preaching, John Waddey, pages 140, 141