MISSION SUNDAY SERMON - for merge
MISSION SUNDAY, JANUARY 27, 2008
INTRO: We learn a lot from geese. 1)They mate for life, 2)They are very wise in their patterns of flight behaviour, minimizing wind resistance as well as taking turns in the lead to rest some. One thing we learn just by looking is that migrating geese are on a mission. That means, no matter what temporarily deters them, the get up and resume formation ASAP. Who was that that made geese???
I GOD IS ALWAYS ON A MISSION
A. From Before Time Began Till Now
1. I Pet. 1:18-20- Jesus always center
2. Acts 2:23- crucifixion known by God
B. Two statements about Jesus
1. “Acts 10:38”
2. “Luke 19:10”
C. During Earthly Ministry- “Matt. 16:18”
1. “Acts 20:28”
2. “I Cor. 12:27”
3. This “2nd Incarnation” gets guidance/Jesus.
D. So, We Ask What Did Jesus Do?
1. Did good
2. Saved lost
3. Do we emphasize these priorities?
II. WE ARE ON A MISSION FOR GOD
A. We Should Not Exist If No Effort To Pass On What we have received.
1. Wonderful, friendly, fellowship must be a springboard for greater heights of spirituality and increased depth of vision.
2. Can’t stay in maintenance mode.
B. Jesus Makes It Clear:
1. Matthew 28:18-20
2. He said “I am with you”
C. Don’t Be Scared Off By Mental Picture Of Door Knocking In The Neighborhood.
1. That’s only 1 way
2. You can use not just feet, but knees; not just your mouth but your ears; not just your head but your heart.
3. There is need for those who “I Pet 3:15” but also for those who LOVE, CARE, VISIT, BAKE, WRITE.
C. There Is Also SENDING, cf Phil. 4:14ff
III. GOSPEL CHARIOT MISSIONS OF AFRICA