Catalyst For Revival
Catalyst For Revival
Intro: The message today brings with it the catalyst for revival. I think it interesting that the disciple of Jesus had just witnessed Jesus walking on the water and had space traveled with Him John 6:21 Then they willingly received him into the ship: and immediately the ship was at the land whither they went. They were in school and didn’t realize it.
This morning I want us to see what I believe to be a catalyst for revival. This brief passage is a picture of the Messiah’s power being sought and trusted. His power needs to be sought and trusted by a destitute and needy world! He alone has the power to make man completely whole.
I. Recognizing who He is will change our outlook on life (vs 34) “knowledge of Him”----
Recognize(def.) 1: to acknowledge formally: as a: to admit as being lord or sovereign b: to admit as being of a particular status c: to admit as being one entitled to be heard : give the floor to d: to acknowledge the de facto existence or the independence of
A. It will change the ordinary life to a special life------. It will change the bleak situations in life to Hope---- It’s interesting that the men of that region took that news abroad. God calls men to recognize Him and surrender their lives totally to Him. We have a mamouth responsibility to not only lead those to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ but teach them about Him that they may know Him fully. You don’t have to beg a man to serve Jesus when He fully recognizes who He is…….
B.There are many things men don’t recognize about the Savior
1. That He is Lord---whether a man professes that are not He still is Lord. The Bible says
|Rom 14:11||For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.|
2. That He is Sovreign—---
3. That there is nothing impossible to God— How’s
4. That heaven and earth will pass away but His word will remain----------that word that men come to and pick and choose will remain to judge them one day.
When we recognize who He is, our lives will reflect a different outlook
II. Recognizing who He is will recharge us to bring people to Him----
A. With that knowledge of Him comes want for others---- When we truly recognize who He is we will bring others to Him. We want them to see Him as He is. Have you ever experienced Him and recognized Him for who He is? ( Tell about Author Atkins and doc visit)We have knowledge of His life changing power able to break the hardest of hearts this morning………………
B. When we find that power we realize that He is the source. Many today believe that Jesus is who He said He was but has never recognized the fact
III. Recognizing who He is will cause us to reach out and touch Him-----
Notice the word besought. It means to ask or beg. The word points to three attitudes to be make whole.
1. It will cause a sense of need before Him---- to the point that we beseech Him, ask Him, to make us whole 1. there are many sicknesses around us today. We have a prayer ministry here at our church with names of those that stand in the need of prayer. We’re to bring them before the Lord and to Him But the most pressing need today is for those to reach out and touch the Lord with the faith to be healed spiritually.
2. . It will cause us to have a sense of humility-----seeing it as beyond man’s cure. Sensing the need so deeply that we humble ourselves to genuinely beseech Christ. People looking on just do not matter. We loose our pride
3. It will cause us to have a belief that He is willing to meet our need. Believing to the point that we know will make us whole if we but beseech Him
Rom 10:13----- “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved
Isaiah 55:6---Seek ye the Lord while He may be found, call ye upon him while He is near