- For Your righteousness, O God, reaches to the heavens, You who have done great things; O God, cwho is like You? Ps 71:19
Where we are up to this point review
- We are to remember wo God is and what He did for us
- We are to present our bodies
- a living, holy, sacrifice
- acceptable to God
- Which is your spiritual act of worship
Verse 1 tells us what to Do "We are to give our bodies" now verse 2 will tells us how to do it
and do not be conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2a
- and do not be conformed to the pattern of this world
- Don’t let the world around you squeeze you into its own mold
- You have heard the phrase "when in Rome ......(let them complete) this is what we tend to do.
- they say that the longer your married the more couples look like one another
- my kids come home from school with some of most amazing phrases
- Whereever you put the majority of your focus, that thing will play a large influence on your behavior.
- *talk through ways in which we may currently doing this
- Read again Eph 2:1-3
- some things to consider
- If I do not "put off" then I am negating what God did for me
- If I do not "put off" my sinful desires then what kind of witness am I? We are called ambassadors of Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:20-21 Therefore, we are aambassadors for Christ, bas though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be creconciled to God. He made Him who aknew no sin to be bsin on our behalf, so that we might become the crighteousness of God in Him.
- Turn to Eph 4:17-24 explain this passage
- sin action vs righteous action
- but be transformed
- This word transform is the same as transfigure in Matthew 17:2. It has come into our English language as the word “metamorphosis.” It describes a change from within. The world wants to change your mind, so it exerts pressure from without. But the Holy Spirit changes your mind by releasing power from within. If the world controls your thinking, you are a conformer; if God controls your thinking, you are a transformer.
- Give the example of a moth to a butterfly Therefore if anyone is ain Christ, 1he is ba new creature; cthe old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Co 5:17
- When we are truly changed from the inside out all of our actions start looking differen\
- think about Jesus calling the Pharasee's White Washed Tombs, it didn't matter how they appeared it was what was on the inside Matt. 23:25-28
- don't you agreee that our true colors will always prevail? Why?
- by the renewing of your mind
- You give Him your mind (v. 2a). The world wants to control your mind, but God wants to transform your mind (see Eph. 4:17–24; Col. 3:1–11). Wiersbe, Warren W.: The Bible Exposition Commentary. Wheaton, Ill. : Victor Books, 1996, c1989, S. Ro 12:1
- God transforms our minds and makes us spiritually minded by using His Word. As you spend time meditating on God’s Word, memorizing it, and making it a part of your inner man, God will gradually make your mind more spiritual (see 2 Cor. 3:18).