A Study in Nehemiah. Just some simple notes and examples.
Nehemiah hears of the state of Jerusalem.
- Nehemiah mourned, fasted and prayed.
- Nehemiah repented of his sins and the sins of his people.
- The people in Jerusalem are from the first wave of Israelites returning from Babylon 100 years ago with Zerubabel.
Nehemiah brings the matter to the King.
- The King notices the sadness of Nehemiah
- When the King asked what was wrong, Nehemiah shot up a prayer before he spoke to the King.
- Nehemiah took advantage of the Kings respect for ancestry.
- The Queen may have been Queen Esther.
- The King gave Nehemiah resources to rebuild the city walls.
- Right away there were enemies against the rebuilding of the city walls.
- Nehemiah inspected the walls and did planning before he approaced the people.
- Nehemiah mentions that God is behind the rebuilding and so was the King.
- Nehemiah had the priests start at the gate where the sacrificial sheep entered the city.
- Nehemiah had each family build the wall closest to their house
- First, the enemies ridiculed the Israelites.
- Nehemiah prayed that the ridicule would boomerang back at them.
- Then the enemies threatened the Israelites.
- Nehemiah stationed guards.