The Crucifixion of our Lord (Pastor Steve Balvanz)
- The physical sufferings of crucifixion-as dreadful as they were-were nothing compared to the spiritual suffering Jesus ex[ereienced as He bore the full weight of the wrath of God against sin. And this He did for you and me! As we reflect on the cricifixion of our Savior our hearts out to repeatedly respond, This is how much I am loved by God! And how much God hates sin!
I. The of Darkness Judgment (Mark 15:33)
- Supernatural, How Dark? Where was it dark?
- Signified judgment of sin
- T heological Journal
II. The bearing of Wrath (Mark 15:34)
- Christ died for our sin (1 Corinthians 15:3; Romans 6:10; "1 Peter 2:24"; 1 Peter 3:18)
- 4th of 7 sayings from Psalm 22:1
- Eternal fellowship temporarily broken with the father.
- Theological Journal
III. The Blindness of Unbelief (Mark 15:35-36)
- more mockings by unbelievers
- Jesus drink was a flash back to the passover Hyssop
IV. The Breath of Life (Mark 15:37)
- Jesus gave up his life, the cross did not kill him
V. The Demonstration of Access to God (Mark 15:38)
- No seperation ==> no veil, no priest, no earthly sacrifice, Hebrews 10:19-25
VI. The Expression of Belief (Mark 15:39)
- "Were the whole realm of nature mine, that were a present far too small: Love so amazingm so divine, demands my soul, my my all" (When I Survey the Wondrous Cross)