5 Йоан - Нов живот (учителENG)
Jesus and Nicodemus
What does real faith look like? (3:3-8)
- Nicodemus wanted to talk about the LAW
- Jesus talked about a New Birth
- Jesus compared this new birth to the wind
- Real faith is not some outward event but and inward one.
- Real faith is meant to be experienced.
How is real faith put into practice? (3:9-16)
- The first step to real faith is to believe in Jesus – to experience a new birth, however the New Birth must be put into practice.
- Jesus talks about a very interesting example from Numbers 21:4–9
- Religion wants rules and regulations, but real faith requires only that we focus on Jesus.
- Ask yourself, how much am I focusing on Jesus? Is Jesus the focus of my life or is Jesus one small part of my life?
What is the alternative to real faith? (3:17-21)
- God sent His son, not to judge the world, but to save it.
- Why do people reject God’s offer of a new life, or real faith?
- They are afraid of not being perfect.
- Real faith is not about judgment, but it gives us the freedom to live as God has created us.