4 Духовни крепости (бележки)
- When I was about 16 I decided that the Bible wasn’t true and Christianity was just invented by people. Two reasons:
- What I saw: people not acting like Christians should
- What I read: not seeing what I read about in the Bible come true.
- Why, if I was a new creation in Christ, did I have many of the same struggles as I did before I believed?
- I also noticed that many other people around me had the same problem.
- But in my anger at God and confusion I never asked the important question. Why?
- What are some of the reasons that we have constant struggles in our Christian lives, and how can we gain victory over those struggles?
- Today we will try to understand why those struggles exist, and next week we will talk about how we can be “more than conquerors.”
How to be a conqueror
- I want to share with you onе of my opinions as a person who follows Jesus:
- Romans 8:28-38 28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. 29 For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn, with many brothers and sisters. 30 And having chosen them, he called them to come to him. And he gave them right standing with himself, and he promised them his glory. 31 What can we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us? 32 Since God did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won't God, who gave us Christ, also give us everything else? 33 Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? Will God? No! He is the one who has given us right standing with himself. 34 Who then will condemn us? Will Christ Jesus? No, for he is the one who died for us and was raised to life for us and is sitting at the place of highest honor next to God, pleading for us. 35 Can anything ever separate us from Christ's love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or are hungry or cold or in danger or threatened with death? 36 (Even the Scriptures say, "For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.") 37 No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.
- I believe that God calls everyone to repent and believe in Jesus Christ as the only way to God. If we believe in Him we will have eternal life after we die, AND VICTORY OVER SLAVERY TO SIN IN THIS LIFE.
- As believers we do not huddle together and simply hold on until we die and go to heaven. No. We are soldiers in God’s army. We attack and bring down every stronghold that sets itself again the God of the Universe.
- BUL 2 Corinthians 10:5 Понеже събаряме помисли и всичко, което се издига високо против познанието на Бога, и пленяваме всеки разум да се покорява на Христа. NLT 2 Corinthians 10:5 With these weapons we break down every proud argument that keeps people from knowing God. With these weapons we conquer their rebellious ideas, and we teach them to obey Christ.
- We are soldiers and conquerors, but how do we gain the victory?
Recognizing the Enemy
- It is important that a soldier knows who the enemy is and who is not the enemy.
- Read Ephesians 6:12
- According to Ephesians 6:12 who is it that we “wrestle” against? BUL Ephesians 6:12 Защото нашата борба не е срещу кръв и плът, но срещу началствата, срещу властите, срещу духовните сили на нечестието в небесните места.
- If this is true, than who cannot be our enemy or enemies? Our family, friends, co-workers, any person.
- According to 1 Peter 5:8(a) who is your enemy? BUL 1 Peter 5:8 Бъдете трезвени, будни. Противникът ви, дяволът, като рикаещ лъв обикаля, търсейки кого да погълне. Be careful! Watch out for attacks from the Devil, your great enemy.
- What is your adversary’s plan for you? He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for some victim to devour.
- It is interesting to note the Greek definition of the phrase “whom he may devour” (NKJV) katapino (kat-ap-ee'-no); from NT:2596 and NT:4095; to drink down, i.e. gulp entire (literally or figuratively)
- What are some areas of your life that you feel have swallowed you up or felt as though you were drowning in? Incidents of bitterness and resentments, Immorality, and decisions that are based on a here and now mentality “Temporal value system”.
Understanding the Strategy of the Enemy
· According to Revelation 12:10, what is Satan’s principle weapon of attack?
o Revelation 12:10 (NLT)Then I heard a loud voice shouting across the heavens, "It has happened at last-- the salvation and power and kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ! For the Accuser has been thrown down to earth-- the one who accused our brothers and sisters before our God day and night.
o BUL Revelation 12:10 И чух силен глас на небесата, който казваше: Сега дойде спасението, силата и царството на нашия Бог и властта на Неговия Христос; защото се свали клеветникът на нашите братя, който ги клевети денем и нощем пред нашия Бог.
o Accusation обвинение
· According to 1 Timothy 4:1 and 2, how does the enemy plan to position us to accuse us?
o 1 Timothy 4:1-2 (NKJV)Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron,
o 1 Timothy 4:1 А Духът изрично казва, че в послешните времена някои ще отстъпят от вярата, и ще слушат измамителни духове и бесовски учения, чрез лицемерието на човеци, които лъжат, чиято съвест е прегоряла,
o Deception измама
· Who are the ones that he plans to employee in this great task bringing accusations against us?
o deceiving spirits измамителни духове
· What happens to our consciences as we fall prey to the enemy?
o our conscience will become seared with a hot iron,
o чиято съвест е прегоряла
The Attacks of the Enemy
· What was the principle cause in the young mans life in the Corinth church that positioned him to be available for the enemies attack?
o See 1 Corinthians 5:1 (NKJV) It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and such sexual immorality as is not even named among the Gentiles--that a man has his father's wife!
o BUL 1 Corinthians 5:1 Дори се чува, че между вас имало блудодеяние, и то такова блудодеяние, каквото нито между езичниците се намира, именно, че един от вас има бащината си жена.
· What seems to be the warning to the Corinth church in 2 Corinthians 2:6-11 concerning their reaction to this young mans deeds?
o 2 Corinthians 2:6-11(NKJV) This punishment which was inflicted by the majority is sufficient for such a man, so that, on the contrary, you ought rather to forgive and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one be swallowed up with too much sorrow. Therefore I urge you to reaffirm your love to him. For to this end I also wrote, that I might put you to the test, whether you are obedient in all things. Now whom you forgive anything, I also forgive. For if indeed I have forgiven anything, I have forgiven that one for your sakes in the presence of Christ, lest Satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices.
o 2 Corinthians 2:6-11 6 За такъв един доста е наказанието, което му е било наложено от повечето от вас; 7 така че сега вече вие трябва по-добре да му простите и да го утешите, да не би такъв да бъде погълнат от чрезмерна скръб. 8 Затова ви моля да го уверите в любовта си към него. 9 Понеже за това и писах, за да ви позная чрез опит, дали сте послушни във всичко. 10 А комуто вие прощавате нещо, прощавам и аз; защото, ако съм и простил нещо, простих го заради вас пред Христа, 11 да не би сатана да използува случая против нас; защото ние знаем неговите замисли.
· If we refuse to forgive someone and then restore them to fellowship, they could be swallowed up with too much sorrow. The NLT says “otherwise he may become so discouraged that he won’t be able to recover.” When we are called into account at judgment, how will we answer for our part in this person not returning to faith? What is our liability?
· What does he mean “I have forgiven that one for your sakes….lest Satan should take advantage of us?”….If we refuse to forgive we open ourselves up to attack from Satan.
- According to Hebrews 12:14-16, what should every believer keep a constant look out for? Root of Bitterness
- Hebrews 12:14-16 (NKJV) Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord: looking diligently lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled; lest there be any fornicator or profane person like Esau, who for one morsel of food sold his birthright.
- Hebrews 12:14-16 14 Търсете мир с всички и онова освещение, без което никой няма да види Господа. 15 И внимавайте, да не би някой да не достигне до Божията благодат; да не би да поникне някой горчив корен, та да ви смущава, и мнозинството да се зарази от него; 16 да не би някой да е блудник или нечестив, както Исав, който за едно ястие продаде първородството си;
· According to 2 Timothy 4:10, why did Demas leave Paul and the ministry team?
o 2 Timothy 4:10a (NLT) Demas has deserted me because he loves the things of this life and has gone to Thessalonica.
o 2 Timothy 4:10 10 защото Димас ме остави, като обикна сегашния свят
There seems to be three attitudes and actions that give the enemy the authority to sift, devour, and bring accusations against us.
Temporal value system Временна ценостна система