Kids play Hide/Seek – count, then say – Ready or not here I come – when that sd, had to ready, or else found
I. The Requirement, v35-40 Be Ready
1. Dressed for service – literally- girded up for service= robe tucked in and ready for travel or wk
2. Light shining – need to have your lamp and the oil it takes to keep it lit
3. Waiting – for master to return -- master gon to wdg feast (not his own) not knw when come back, need to be ready to greet/welcome him home ~~ unusual b/c master then serves those waiting for him
4. Thief – not knw when thief comes to break in, if knw then be ready and not let him in
B. Principles ~ We ready if…
1. Working for the Kingdom – dressed for svc – carries the idea of not only being dressed but wkg this means that we recognize X as king and wk for His kgdm, not for this present life (like previous vs)
2. Waiting for our King -- we knw that He is coming again, but we do not knw when (2-3 watch), are we living as if X could come back at any time?
3. Warning Others – X coming to take us home, so good for us. But bad for those not knw X we need to warn them so they ready when X comes back too
II. The Reasons to be Ready, v41-48
A. Rewards, v41-44 ---- those whom X finds fthl (wkng/ watching/ warning) will be rewarded with more – heavenly riches – what? Crowns/ reign w/ X/ pleasure of Fthr
B. Responsibility, v45-48
1. Know – this psg tells us that we have a responsibility to knw that X is coming again.
2. Do – knwg X is coming is not enough, must do what X requires
V45-46 tells of svnt knw master coming but not think it soon so misbehaves – this servant is punished ~~is this blvr or unblvr? Not matter - - point is that we miss out if not doing what pleasing to God
V47-48 = one who knws and not do gets punished/ one who not knw still has respon to knw and do
V48 – those who knw more have more expected of them - - - we have greater responsibility – no excuse
Are you wkng for X and His kngdm, or for yourself?
Are you watching for X’s return, as if it could be today?
Are you telling others about X so they can be ready?
Are you ready - -or not?