How To Maintain Victory Over Satan
How to keep living in victory over Satan
1. ASK GOD TO FILL YOU WITH HIS HOLY SPIRIT. The ‘empty rooms’ in your life need to be filled and brought under God’s control. (Matthew 12:43-45).
2. PLACE YOURSELF UNDER THE PROTECTION OF THE NAME OF JESUS, by faith and in prayer. Make this your regular practice when you wake up in the morning and as you go to bed at night. Even your dreams and subconscious thoughts should be placed under His control. Ask the Lord Jesus to daily fill you with His Holy Spirit.
3. FEED ON THE WORD OF GOD. Ask Him to give you a daily message from the Bible that you can think over, and even memorise, during the day. “Oh, how I love your words. I think about them all day long.” Psalm 119:97
4. TALK OVER YOUR DAILY PLANS WITH THE LORD. “Commit everything you do to the Lord.” Psalm 37:5 “Pray about everything; tell God your needs and don’t forget to thank Him for His answers.” Philippians 14.:6
5. KEEP PRAISING GOD, especially when problems increase.’ “I will praise the Lord no matter what happens.” Psalm 31,:l.
6. OBEY ANY DIRECTION that God gives you from His Word or by His Holy Spirit. “Do whatever He tells you to.” John 5:6
7. RESIST SATAN with every spiritual weapon that you have -These include the name of Jesus; the sword of the Spirit, God’s Word; prayer, including prayer in the language of the Spirit if God has given you this gift, arid praise. Tell Satan firmly and out loud to go, in the name of Jesus. “Resist the devil arid he will flee from you.’ James 4.:7
8. DELIBERATELY REFUSE ALL SINFUL IMPULSES. Some of the sins of the flesh are listed in Colossians 3:5-10 and Galatians 5:l6-24. Refuse to give in to sin, and ask Jesus in faith for His strength arid victory. Your old selfish nature was crucified with Christ at the cross. “I have been crucified with Christ; and I myself no longer Live, but Christ lives in me.” Galatians 2:20 Look on your old sinful self as being dead, and count on God to make this real in your life each day as you keep giving yourself to Him.
9. ASK OTHERS FOR HELP. Ask for others to pray with you regularly and help you grow in areas of weakness. We are told to encourage each other (1 Thessalonians 5:11), to spur one another on (Hebrews 10:24), and to carry each other’s burdens (Galatians 6:2).
10. DEAL QUICKLY WITH FAILURE. Confess your sin and claim the cleansing of the forgiveness Christ. If the enemy breaks through, resist him with all you’ve got and refuse to give him further ground. Rely on the fact that your place in God doesn’t rely on the good you do but on what Jesus has done for you, and the fact that you are seated with Jesus above all the powers of darkness. See Ephesians 1:20-21 and 2:4-6.
11. LIVE BY YOUR WILL AND DON’T DEPEND ON FEELINGS. Never let your mind become lazy or careless in its thinking. Refuse to look back in regret aver the past, or forward with fears of the future. Fix your mind on the Lord Jesus, and on things above, instead of being preoccupied with your problems, or the activity of evil spirits. “Keep your eyes on Jesus, our Leader and instructor.” Hebrews 12:2 Also look after your body properly: give enough exercise and rest to your physical body. Follow a healthy diet for the body, as well as the spirit and the mind. “The God of peace.. make you entirely pure and devoted to God; and may your spirit arid soul and body be kept strong and blameless..” 1 Thessalonians 5:23
Much of this was taken from Blyth Harper, Victory Over The Enemy