Why You'll Never Know Your Purpose Until You Know Your Creat
“Why You Will Never Know Your Purpose
Until You Know Your Creator”
June 30, 1996
· The foundation for understanding chapter 18 is found in 1:5, where God says, ”Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
· The theological term for this teaching is God’s _________________.
· For Jeremiah, and for all of us, spiritual insight is almost always preceded by ________________.
· As we speak about being used by God, it is important to remember that it is not a matter of God being in need of our ___________– it is simply that God chooses to work through His children. What an awesome privilege and opportunity.
1. God’s Activity in Your Life Has a _______________.
“So I went down to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel.” Jeremiah 18:3 (NIV)
2. We Are All ___________ and Disfigured Creations
“But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands . . .”
Jeremiah 4:18a (NIV)
3. We Can Be ____-____________, But Only By God
“ so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.” Jeremiah 4:18b (NIV)
4. Our ____________ Belong to Our Creator
“”O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does?” declares the LORD. “Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel.” (Jeremiah 18:6 NI
5. Your Purpose is Real --- But it Flows From Your _________________ With God!
|The one great passion of Jesus’ life was His Father. A profound mystery: God becomes a slave.This implies very specifically that God wants to be known through servanthood. Such is God’s self-disclosure. When being is divorced from doing, pious thoughts become an adequate substitute for washing feet.-- Brennan Manning in Abba’s Child|