God of the Second-Chance
"Longing For Home:
A Place of Second-Chances"
December 7, 1997
1. You may enjoy a lot of _______________ in life before you realize that life is empty, apart from God.
2. You may experience a lot of ___________ before you decide to turn back to God.
"Pain is God's megaphone. He whispers to us in our *
pleasure, but shouts to us in our pain." -- C.S. Lewis
3. You will probably have to face a major ____________ in you’re your life before you turn back to God.
4. Your Father longs for your _____________.
5. Your Father desires ____________________, not retribution.
|How Do I Get Home?|
· God hates sin (but loves sinners)
· God must punish sin
· Jesus paid the penalty for our sin (Colossians 2:13-14)
· Know this: It's not about what you do -- it's about what God did.
A _________ your need for God. Agree that there are
things which you cannot handle by yourself.
B__________ that Jesus did everything that needed to be done, on the Cross.
C__________ your trust in Jesus as Savior (rescuer) and Lord (boss) of your life. Give Him your heart!
"Are you tired? Worn out?
Burned out on religion? Come to me.
Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me --
watch how I do it.
Learn the unforced rhythms of grace.
I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."
Matthew 11:28-30 (The Message)