· Christianity is not inactive. It is a pursuit of godliness.
II. Pursue the Knowledge of God
· God can be Known
1. Through Creation ()
2. Through Revelation
a. Direct – Adam and Eve
b. Representative – Patriarchs and Prophets
· Scripture is the revealed Word wherein we see Jesus and the Father
· We must diligently search the Scriptures if we truly wish to know God and His will.
III. Pursue Righteousness
· The purpose of knowing God is to become more like Him.
1. ; ;
· We have all sinned, but that is no excuse for not pursuing righteousness.
· What is righteousness?
1. : Unrighteous = sexual immorality, idolatry, covetousness, drunkenness, theft, reviling, extortion
2. Righteousness is the opposite of those things.
a. Instead of drunkenness, we pursue sobriety. Instead of immorality, we pursue purity. Instead of covetousness, we pursue contentment. Etc…
3. Pursue the Fruit of the Spirit (): love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness.
IV. Pursue Love
· Example of Corinthians
1. Pride over spiritual gifts
2. A More Excellent Way
3. – Pursue Love
· We still need to be actively pursuing love
· Love = active choice, not mere emotion
· How loving are we?
1. Husbands and Wives?
2. Parents and children?
3. Church family?
6. God? ()