GOD IS ON OUR SIDE
BY DOUGLAS TIBBITS
Why do we worry so much when we know God is on our side?
God is my help
1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2 My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.
• How big is God?
• How Powerful is God
• Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think
• God can do whatever he wills.
God is my keeper - Soccer Goalie (not sleep and tired)
3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. 4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. 5 The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand. 6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
• Phi. 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
God is my preserver - Life preserver
7 The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
8 The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
• For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
God has done his part now it is up to us to grab the life preserver.
• Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
• God wants to be your (helper, keeper, preserver)
Hear the Gospel
• —> So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Believe the Gospel - Faith
• —> But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Confess the same thing the eunuch did in
• —> I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
Baptized for the remission of sins and the Lord adds to the Church.
• —> He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
• —> And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.
As a Christian we must live faithful.
• —> but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
Sinned after Baptism
Simon was told to Repent and Pray for forgiveness.
• Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.