The appointed time
26 From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. 27 God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. (NIV)
- Have you ever wondered why you were Born? Why you were born into your family, your nation, this period of time? God decided the nations that would be born, that would survive where you should be born.
- You have come to the kingdom for such a time as this!
1 "At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3 The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4 The wise, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. (NIV)
God wants us to add content to our lives!
There is a position, a place a purpose that God has prepared for you. I believe that this is a year where many of us will have the opportunity to step into what God has for us. I feel in my heart that many of you sense this. That this year will be when God opens doors and allows us to move into what he has prepared since time began. God has a place for each one of us. A place of blessing, a place of responsibility, a place of fulfilment, a place where we have purpose, a place of real living not just existence.
We have had a year of New Beginnings, a year of Change, a year of growth, and now it will be a year of finding your place and fulfilling it! We will continue to have all of the other things, but we will move to another level. I believe God has a destiny for this Church! I did not say that we were better than anyone else or that we were the only ones with a destiny. But I will not reduce the importance of what we have to do either. God had a purpose for this church over three years ago when he first laid this church in our hearts. I did not know all that he would have us do, and I still do not know all that we will do, but I have determined to be obedient to that calling.
Many of you know that you are called to be a part of this church and the plan of God that will be fulfilled through this church. Others of you will know soon and join yourselves, because God is leading you here. No Pride! I have simply seen what God is doing!
1 What I am saying is that as long as the heir is a child, he is no different from a slave, although he owns the whole estate. 2 He is subject to guardians and trustees until the time set by his father.
3 So also, when we were children, we were in slavery under the basic principles of the world.
4 But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law,
5 to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons. 6 Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father." 7 So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir. 8 Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods. 9 But now that you know God-- or rather are known by God-- how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable principles? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? (NIV)
- as long as the heir is a child, he is no different from a slave
- Childhood is a time when we are slaves to our own desires. I want I feel I think..
- God is waiting for us to grow up so that we can inherit what he has for us. Not only blessings but responsibilities.
- Until we do what we CAN DO we will not be able to do what we CANNOT DO!
- You may not have your ideal situation in life right now. But what are you doing with the one that you DO have?
- until the time set by his father
- You cannot do anything but fulfil God’s requirements. The times and seasons are in his hands.
- You cannot take short cuts with God. Learn the lessons, go through not around!
- You cannot speed up the process by doing something in the spirit and not walking it out in the natural! I.e. praying only, believing only, attending church only…
- when the time had fully come, God sent…
- There is a time for everything..
1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: 2 a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, 3 a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, 4 a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, 6 a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, 7 a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, 8 a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace. 9 What does the worker gain from his toil? 10 I have seen the burden God has laid on men. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. 12 I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. 13 That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil-- this is the gift of God. 14 I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere him.
- Be in Position! Be there, if you miss the bus, you weren’t there!
Heb 10:25 Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another-- and all the more as you see the Day approaching. (NIV)
- Be ready – by being obedient, full of faith and works