2006-12-17pm - Taking Advantage of Opportunities
Taking Advantage of Opportunities
Using opportunities that God blesses us with
A. Many of the life’s duties and responsibilities might be better appreciated if viewed as opportunities.
1. Christians are exhorted to take advantage of opportunities by redeeming the time. Eph. 5:15-16
2. We are good at maximizing our time with work and recreation.
3. How many of us, however, maximize the time we have in service to the Lord?
B. This lesson is aimed at exhorting us to look at various relationships we have with others and to take advantage of the opportunities God blesses us for the benefit of our souls and theirs.
I. Opportunities within various relationships
A. Parent - Child.
1. God gave parents the responsibility to raise our children to His glory. Eph. 6:1-4; Col. 3:20-21
2. Fathers need to take the opportunities to talk to their children about God and His holy word.
3. Mothers need to cherish life’s sweetest moments during our children’s formative years. Tit. 2:4-5
4. Suggestion: take the opportunity to “raise your children” in the Lord.
B. Saints - God.
1. God blesses us often to seek His kingdom first. Matt. 6:33; Col. 3:1-3
2. Career choices, reading/studying His word, prayer, worship, evangelism, etc.
3. Suggestion: take the opportunity to abound in the work of the Lord. 1 Cor. 15:58
C. Saint - Saint.
1. God blesses us with many opportunities to take interested in our spiritual family members. Gal. 6:1; Gal. 6:10; Jas. 5:1-20
2. Christians need to take advantage of the opportunities to worship with your brethren. Heb. 10:25
3. Christians should also take advantage of the daily opportunities to spend with each other.
cp. Acts 2:46
D. Saint – Sinner
1. God blesses us with many opportunities to reach the lost. Cp. 1 Cor. 5:9-10 (Lk. 19:10)
2. Do we desire the salvation of sinners? - How can one who has come to appreciate the grace of God be unwilling to help others to receive it and enjoy it?
3. Suggestion: Shine your light (via the good works of God) and teach them of God’s saving grace. Matt. 28:19-20
E. Sinner - Salvation.
1. God blesses you with opportunities throughout your life to become His child.
2. God has blessed you with THIS opportunity to hear His word proclaimed and be saved from your sins. 2 Cor. 6:2
A. There are many reasons (excuses?) for why we do not take advantage of the many opportunities God blesses us to accomplish His will.
B. What are we doing to take advantage of them?