God's good is always better than all other alternative experiences combined
(1) The tree in the middle of the garden makes a statement
(2) The temptation of Eve in the garden makes a statement
(3) The tendency of mankind in the world makes a statement
(4) The triumph of Jesus in the wilderness makes a way
(5) The test for Christians in this world begins with the belief in their own hearts
The writer is clearly saying that the mature Christian, the eater of solid food, constantly exercises himself in spiritual perception, and the result is manifest. He can “distinguish good from evil” and, therefore, the implication runs, will not be in danger of doing the wrong thing to which the readers find themselves attracted.