Arise O Army of God
Arise, O Army of God!
Pastor Keith Hassell
Foundation Scripture: Romans 13:11-14; 2 Timothy 2:1-4
I. We are in a war!
A. Whether we are aware it or not, we are a target of the devil’s hate
B. Satan is the ultimate terrorist, seeking to destroy God’s people.
1. Spiritually (Relationship with God)
2. Physically (Health)
3. Domestically (Families)
4. Psychologically (Mind, will, emotions)
5. Economically (Jobs, finances)
II. Reveille has sounded!
A. We must wake out of sleep (complacency, apathy, lukewarmness)
B. We must understand the times (our salvation is nearer)
C. We must cast off the works of darkness (like covers on a bed)
D. We must put on the armor of light
E. We must walk properly in this life (Be watchful and obedient in duty)
1. Not as in the old life of sin
2. We must put on the Lord Jesus Christ
3. We must make no provision for the flesh (compromise)
III. God is rallying an army under the banner of Jesus Christ
A. An army of the Unashamed:
1. “Fellowship of the Unashamed” (Pastor Bob Moorehead):
I am part of the "Fellowship of the Unashamed." The die has been cast. The decision has been made. I have stepped over the line. I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away or be still.
My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I'm finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap giving and dwarfed goals.
My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my Guide is reliable, and my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
I won't give up, shut up, let up or slow up until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up and spoken up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know and work till He stops me. And when He comes for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My banner is clear: I am a part of the "Fellowship of the Unashamed."
B. An Army of Worshipers (2 Peter 2:9)
C. An Army of Intercessors (Ezekiel 22:30)
D. An Army of Disciples (John 8:31-32)
E. An Army of Soul Winners (Matthew 28:18-20)
F. An Army of Special Forces
1. John 14:12-14 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who he believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.”
G. An Army of Leaders
IV. This army lives to please the one who enlisted them
A. There is no draft, only volunteers in Christ’s army. Will you enlist?