The What, etc. of Reconciliation
The What, Why, Whom, Who, How, Where,
and When of Reconciliation
1. What should be said? (Truth)
a. Speak the truth that applies
b. Speak the truth that will set people free
2. Why should it be said? (Purpose)
a. Open up productive communication.
b. Bring reconciliation.
c. Establish righteousness and justice.
3. To whom should it be said? (People)
a. If it involves you and God alone, speak to God alone.
b. If it involves only one other person, speak to that person alone.
c. If it involves a few, speak to the few.
d. If it involves the church, speak to the church.
e. When any of the above does not bring reconciliation, take it to the next level in order to involve witnesses.
4. Who should say it? (Responsibility)
a. Those who are part of the problem
b. Those who are part of the solution
5. How should it be said? (Love)
a. Speak the truth in love (Ephesians 4:15)
b. Speak to others in the spirit of I Corinthians 13:4-8
6. Where should it be said? (Covering)
a. Where the above conditions can best be met.
7. When should it be said? (Timing)
a. When the above conditions can best be met.
b. When God says.
c. As soon as possible.