#1 Open Your Heart Psalm 139 Vs 23-24
I. God knows us (1-4)
W. Tozar said, “Our thoughts not only reveal what we are, they predict what we will become. We will soon be the sum total of our thoughts.”
II. God is ever-present (5-12)
- God knows what we do. Who we are, where we go!
- God is in front of us and He is behind us.
- He is an ever present God.
- Many Christians today are trying to run away from God.
- Something in their lives is between them and their relationship to God.
- It may be pride or maybe anger; it may be hurt feelings or feelings of guilt.
- They stop going to church.
- They stop associating with Christian friends because they feel guilty.
- If God is speaking to your heart you won’t have peace in your heart until you are in the center of His will.
III. God is our creator (13-16)
IV. God loves us (17-18)
- Eph2:4-5 * But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us
- Jer 31:3 *The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
V. GodJjudges us (19-22)
VI. God sanctifies us (23-24)
David cried out for the Lord
- To search his heart
- To show him what was wrong.
- David was so concerned that he might have something in his life that would offend God.
- David asked God to search his heart.
- Do we ask God this question?
- Have we gone a full day without taking time to consider our heart?
- We all have the potential to become hard-hearted if we tolerate sin in our lives.
- How do we make sure that our hearts are pure before the Lord?
- Is there something wrong?
- Then asked forgiveness for it?
- And still felt guilty?
- Have you ever been so upset over what you had done; that you thought God could never use you again?
- Psalm 32:1-2 says Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.”
- If you have asked for forgiveness! God has forgiven you.
- God doesn’t remember our sins once He has forgiven them!
- God is a merciful.
- God wants you to open your heart to Him.
- Let God show you what things you need to confess.
- I don’t think anyone who is serving God would want to hide sin in his heart
- But sometimes we can get so busy that we forget to confess our sins.
- That is why we must come before Him daily and open our heart.
- Sometimes we forget the health of our relationship with God.
- Our service to God doesn’t mean anything if our heart is not right with Him.
1. How are you doing in your relationship with God this morning?
2. When was the last time you sat down and took account of your heart?
3. Take time this morning to open your heart before God and let Him show you its condition.