How to Get Gods Choice Gods Way
- God designed marriage.
- God created male & female.
- God put them together.
- It should be god that determines if someone marries; when a person gets married; and to who .
- The following Seven Biblical principles will help discern gods will for your life and your children’s.
- The rule for most is marriage - Pro 18:22
- The exception is celibacy –1 Cor 7:7-9
- Interest in the opposite sex is God given
- After marriage the spouse is more important than the parents
I. SEEK YOUR PARENTS HELP – Genesis 24. 3
- Col 3:20
- Eph 6:1-3
- Proverbs 24:6
II. SEEK ADVICE FROM GODLY LEADERS – Heb 13:7; Proverbs 20:18
III. DO NOT MARRY ANYONE THAT IS LOST – Genesis 24.3
- 2 Cor 6:14-17
- 1 Cor 7:39
- Deut 7:3
IV. TRUST GOD – Genesis 24:7
- God has the perfect mate for you.
- A person’s Character must be the determing factor
V. SEEK GODS DIRECTION (Genesis 24:14-15)
A. Specific prayer – young men should pray a women with a servants heart
B. Submitting oneself to his answer
- Proverbs 3:5-6
- Eph 5:15-17
VI. GET IN GODS WAY AND WAIT – Genesis 24:27
- How? Psalm 37:4-5
How to prepare one’s self
1. Know for sure that you are saved. (2 Tim 1:12)
2. Surrender your life to the lord (Romans 12:1-2)
3. Separate from all appearance of evil (1 Thes. 5:22)
4. Yield yourself to the leadership of the holy spirit. (Eph 5:18)
5. Serve god faithfully
6. Praying & Studying the Bible
7. Give to god’s work
8. Share the gospel with others
9. Faithfully attending church
VII. GET BOTH PARENTS APPROVAL (Genesis 24:50-51)
- I believe today’s philosophy of dating is ruining young people’s lives.
- This philosophy is promoted by movies, magazines, and music.
- Parents are responsible for guidance.
- Teens must be taught and directed past the emotional years
- To a time when they can think and Listen to God.