Four Opportunities When We Don't Understand God's Plan
Series Title: A Heart to Heart Talk with Jesus
Sermon Title: Four Opportunities When We Don’t Understand God’s Plan
28 “You heard me say to you, ‘I am going away, and I will come to you.’ If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. 29 And now I have told you before it takes place, so that when it does take place you may believe.”
John 14:28-29 ESV
- The opportunity to learn unselfish love.
28 ”If you loved me . . .”
“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.] This is the first and greatest commandment.”
Matthew 22:36-38 NIV
- The opportunity to find joy in the things that give God joy.
28 . . . :”you would have rejoiced . . .”
For you make me glad by your deeds, Lord; I sing for joy at what your hands have done.
Psalm 92:4 NIV
- The opportunity to see God receive glory.
28 . . . :”because I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.”
For from him and through him and for him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.
Romans 11:36 NIV
- The opportunity to have our faith increased.
29 And now I have told you before it takes place, so that when it does take place you may believe.”
In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. 7 These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.
1 Peter 1:6-7 NIV
- Evaluate how you have handled things God has brought into your life that you don’t understand.
- Commit yourself to the truth of our passage.
- This week, embrace at least two of the opportunities we have discussed this morning.