One Nation Under God
ONE NATION UNDER GOD
1. “One Nation Under God”
- Constitution and Court
- School System
2. Prov. 14:34 --- “Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.”
- America must get back to godly principles.
- We are trying to exalt self through humanism.
- There is no longer a standard of right and wrong.
(1) No Bible in school and teaching no absolute truth.
(2) Bend every rule of the constitution.
(3) Rulers setting ungodly examples (e.g., Lying in the White House).
(a) Jer. 5:31 --- “The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?”
(b) Jer. 6:15 --- “Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? Any, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush…”
3. Prov. 16:18 --- “Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.”
- God will bring down the proud (cf. I Cor. 10:12).
- Isa. 47 – Babylon will be brought down.
4. How can America be one nation under God?
- Recognize that God is in control.
- Respect His Word.
- Reaction is made in way of life.
I. Recognize that God is in control.
A. Dan. 4 – Nebuchadnezzar
B. Rom. 13:1 --- “…For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.”
C. Psa. 127:1 -- - “Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.”
II. Respect His word.
A. John 12:48
B. Ecc. 12:13
C. Can’t be changed nor altered (Deut. 4:2; Pro. 30:6; Rev. 22:18-19).
D. Study and Teach it (II Tim. 2:2; 2:15).
III. Reaction is made in way of life.
A. Apply God’s Word to way of living (Jam. 1:22).
B. Teach Creation (Gen. 1:1).
C. Teach Absolute Truth (John 8:32).
D. Teach Morality.
1. Lying is not alright (Rev. 21:8).
2. Homosexuality is wrong (Rom. 1:26, 27).
3. Abortion is a sin (Jer. 1:5).
E. Teach God’s plan on marriage (Gen. 2:24; Mat. 19:9).
1. Christians are the light shining in darkness (Mat. 5:13-16).
2. Righteous people are the life of the nation (cf. Gen. 18:23-33).
3. Lam. 1:12 --- “Is it nothing to you, all ye that pass by? Behold, and see …”