Why I believe in the resurrection
There was a particular family who was watching the Easter story on television. Although the entire family had seen the movie before one little girl was particularly moved by the movie. As Jesus was tortured and crucified tears came streaming down her cheek. She remained completely silent, with the exception of a few sobs, until they put Jesus body into the tomb. At that point she suddenly smiled and then she shouted, "Now comes the good part!"
Now comes the good part! Amen to that. "He is risen-He is risen in deed." The disciples had gone through a time of despair and seeming defeat as they watched Jesus endure the pain and death of the cross. They had watched as His body was laid in a tomb, sealed with a large stone and as that stone rolled into place, all their hopes disappeared.
But Calvary was not God’s final word! AMEN
His final answer to a desperate world in need of deliverance
Is “Jesus has risen just as he said. Jesus is alive!” LET’S GIVE JESUS A PRAISE OFFERING.
I BELIEVE IN THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST BECAUSE:
THE TOMB IS EMPTY!
Very early on Sunday morning the women went to the tomb. They were carrying the spices that they had prepared.  They found that the stone had been rolled away from the tomb.  When they went in, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.  While they were puzzled about this, two men in clothes that were as bright as lightning suddenly stood beside them.  The women were terrified and bowed to the ground.
The men asked the women, "Why are you looking among the dead for the living one?  He's not here. He has been brought back to life! Remember what he told you while he was still in Galilee.  He said, 'The Son of Man must be handed over to sinful people, be crucified, and come back to life on the third day.' "  Then the women remembered what Jesus had told them.
 The women left the tomb and went back to the city. They told everything to the eleven apostles and all the others.  The women were Mary from Magdala, Joanna, and Mary (the mother of James). There were also other women with them. They told the apostles everything.
 The apostles thought that the women's story didn't make any sense, and they didn't believe them.
 But Peter got up and ran to the tomb. He bent down to look inside and saw only the strips of linen. Then he went away, wondering what had happened.
We have observed through looking into the Scriptural accounts of the crucifixion the final hours of the Savior as He hung upon the cross. Now He is dead. Because He was a Jew, it was important that His body be removed and placed in the tomb before sundown. Nicodemus and Joseph of Arimathea gained permission to do so from Pilate. They placed His body into Joseph's new tomb. The stone was rolled into place to close the entrance of the tomb, and later a Roman seal was placed upon it and Roman soldiers were charged with guarding the entrance to the tomb.
He saved others, but He cannot save Himself. He performed mighty miracles for others, but now He lies there helpless in death. His disciples go about the streets, weeping and saying, "It is all over now. He is dead."
But death cannot hold Him! A tomb of stone cannot imprison the mighty Christ. Friday night goes by, Saturday goes by, and Sunday morning comes. In the early dawn some women who loved Him came to the tomb. To their great astonishment the stone had been rolled away.
They rush into the tomb filled with fear that someone had defiled the grave of their Savior and stolen away His body. They found two angels with a very important message! It was the message of the empty tomb. "Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when He was yet in Galilee?"
This is the greatest message ever given to the world. Jesus is living! Death could not hold Him! The tomb is empty and Jesus is alive! Over the next forty days He appeared in His resurrected body many times to His friends. Then He ascended into heaven and He is there today! We serve a risen Savior! We do not worship a dead God! He lives! Some skeptics may say prove it:
I. Proof of the Resurrection.
A. Eye witness accounts of the resurrection.
1. He appeared to Mary Magdalene, who thought He was the gardener in Mk. 16:9
2. He appeared to the other women.Mt. 28:9 3.
3. He appeared to the disciples on the road to Emmaus. Luke 24:15
4. He appeared to Simon Peter. 1Co. 15:5
5. He appeared to the disciples without Thomas. Jn. 20:26
6. He appeared to the eleven in the upper room. Luke 24:36
7. He appeared at the sea of Galilee. Jn. 21:1
8. According to 1Co. 15:7, He appeared to the five hundred brethren.
9. He appeared to James. 1Co. 15:7
10. He appeared to the eleven at His ascension. Luke 24:50
11. Every one was an eye-witness to the resurrection of Christ, there can be no question about it!
B. The change in the lives of the disciples is another proof.
1. Before the resurrection they were scared to death of the Roman authorities.
2. Jesus found them huddled together in the upper room afraid for their lives.
3. But when they had seen that Jesus had conquered death they knew that He would never let them down.
4. They went out with a new boldness and power that couldn't be overcome with the threats of the authorities.
5. They knew the power of the resurrection and they changed their world proclaiming the message of the empty tomb!
C. The influence of Christ is proof of His resurrection. Note His influence on individuals:
1. Saul the murderer became Paul the preacher.
2. Simon Peter the profane Christ denier became Peter the proclaimer who saw thousands come to Christ because of the message.
3. Drunkards have become missionaries, and sinners have become servants all because of the resurrection power of Jesus Christ!
4. There is every proof in the world that Jesus Christ rose from the dead!
5. see attached
II. The Teachings of the Resurrection.
A. It teaches that all the claims Christ made are true.
1. He claimed to be God...In His resurrection He proved that He was.
2. He claimed to be the fulfillment of prophecy...in His resurrection He proved that He was the Messiah who had power over life and death.
3. He taught many strange and wonderful things...In His resurrection we see the fulfillment of these teachings.
a. He said destroy this temple and I will raise it up in three days.
b. He promised eternal life to those who would trust Him.
c. Everything He promised either has or will be fulfilled!
B. It teaches us that we have a living Savior.
1. Go to the grave of Mohammed, of Confucius, of Buddha, and of every other religious leader and you must say "He is dead and here is where he is buried."
2. Go to the garden tomb and you can say along with the angel, "He is not here, He is risen."
3. We need a living Savior:
a. To help us bear life's burdens.
b. To give us hope when all around us seems hopeless.
c. To intercede for us before a righteous and holy God.
III. The Call of the Resurrection.
A. The resurrection calls us out of sin.
1. Every Sunday is Easter to the born-again believer.
2. Every Sunday reminds us that He is risen.
3. Every day we are called upon to forsake and turn our backs upon sin
B. The resurrection calls us into a life of love and service.
1. After Jesus rose from the dead He gave His church a world-wide command.
2. They were to go everywhere proclaiming the good news of salvation through Him who had conquered death and the grave.
3. We may not all preach, and we may not all go to some foreign field to minister to others, but we all are commanded to go and tell others about their wonderful Savior, Jesus Christ!
Do you know the resurrection power of Jesus Christ? Have you personally accepted His finished work on Calvary as payment for your sin? If you were to die, do you know for sure where you would spend eternity? You can know it today! The invitation this morning is for you to come and receive Christ, will you come?
Perhaps I am speaking to some today who have known the power of the resurrection in their lives, but have not walked with Christ for some time now.
Something happened, but no matter the reason or the situation, you can get back in a right relationship with Christ today! Will you come and humble yourself before God? He will forgive you and restore unto you the joy of your salvation.
Maybe there is one here today who is ready to surrender their life to serving the Lord Jesus Christ in some manner of full-time service. Come today. If the Lord is dealing with your heart about anything, the invitation is for you!