Copy (2) of Copy of THE INDWELING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
THE INDWELING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
GAL. 5:13:6, 25
The Holy Spirit was given into our lives to be like Christ was to the disciples, Jesus help them to understand their calling in life, He became their teacher helping them to understand God’s plan for their lives. He prayed for them and encourage them ot follow God’s plan for their lives. He guided them in to the truth, and share with them that the Father was in Him and He was in the Father and spoke only what the Father gave Him to speak. John 14:10
And then He prayed the Father, to give you another comforter, that He may abide with you forever, even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive because it seetth Him not neither knoweth Him; but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
What Jesus done for the disciples the Holy Spirit will do in us John 14:16. When the Holy Sprit came into our lives, He came to reveal God’s plan for our lives, and because He knows that our prayer language was limited He brought His own prayer language to communicate with the Father for us. Psa 139:16. It’s called speaking in tongue. The scripture says...”The Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit itself maketh interscession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.” Rom. 8:26-27; 1John 5:14.
“And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them”. (NLT) Rom 8:28 The Holy Spirit knows God’s plan for your life therefore He is able to pray God’s will for us. Eph. 1:4-9.
Why is the Holy Spirit indwelling in us?
1. so that He can live in every one of us and carry out God’s plan for each of our lives. John 14:16- “And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another counselor to be with you forever.” The Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept Him because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you know Him for He lives with you and will be in you. he will always stand by our side.
2. The indwelling Spirit will make known unto us things that the world cannot see, or understand. (1Cor. 2:9-12) But as it is written: “Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard neither have entered unto the heart of man the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him.” Remember those who love Him keeps His word, but God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit: “For the Spirit searcheth all things, yea the deep things of God no one can know what anyone else is really thinking except that person alone, and no one can know God’s thoughts except God’s own Spirit. And God has actually given us His Spirit (not the world’s spirit) so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us (NLT)
3. The indwelling Holy Spirit will enpower us that is invest us with power, or ability to perform the task that God has assigned to us in life (Rom 12:3; Acts 1:8) He give us the power to put to death the misdeeds of the body and He gives us the power to nail the old self to the cross. So that rhe life we now live we live it by faith.
4. the indwelling Holy Spirit teaches us how to practice everyday living. He teaches us how to love our enemies. Do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. He teaches us not to judge, and we will not be judge. He tells us not to condemm and you will not be condem. He says: “Forgive and you will be forgiven.” (Lk 6:27, 32) These are things we can do if we want to be happy.
5. The indwelling Holy Spirit teaches us to Pray in the Spirit in order to receive revelation knowledge. But you, beloved build yourselves up on your most Holy faith.” Make progress, rise like an edifice higher and higher-praying in the Holy Spirit” Jude 20 The person who speak in tongues, or prays in tongue speaks not to men but to God for no one understand, or catches His meaning, because in the Spirit he utters secret truths and hidden things (not obvious to the understanding. (AMP) But he who searches the hearts of men knows what His intent is because the Spirit intercedes and pleads (before God) in befalf of the saints according to and in harmony with God’s will and because God is a partner in our labor He will see that things work out for our good.
6. The indwelling Holly Spirit will guide us in our daily walk with Him. Pro. 3:5,6: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths.” To trust God means to commit your way, or plans to the Lord; trust in Him and He will do this” Ps 37:4,5 Take delight in the Lord and He will give you your heart’s desires. To acknowledge God is to be mindful of Him and serve Him with a willing and faithful heart. Then He will remove the obstacles from your pathway and bring you to your appointed goal. (AMP)
This is why it is so important to understand why the Holy Spirit was given to us. He was to walk us through life just as Jesus did the apostles. He was to teach us, lead us and guide us into all truth, because when we understand and trust Him it will set us free to be all that God has ordain for us to become in Him that’s why the purpose of a spirit fill life should be what we strive for as our goal in life