4 o'Clock Service - 6th May 2007
4 o’clock Service - 6th May 2007
Adults - ‘Lump’ Nooma Rob Bell
- How Deep the Father's Love
- To be in your presence
- Father God, I wonder (to finish)
Game: wide; high; deep; past; present; future;
Story of the little boy who ... (follow ‘Lump’
- Do you think the boy is right?
- Do we ever feel like the little boy?
- Do mum’s and dad’s stop loving us when they are angry about what we do?
- Where’s the best place to go when we have done something wrong? Under the covers or into our mum and dad’s arms?
- Do you think God stops loving us when we do bad things?
31 What then are we to say about these things? If God is for us, who is against us? 32 He who did not withhold his own Son, but gave him up for all of us, will he not with him also give us everything else? 33 Who will bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is to condemn? It is Christ Jesus, who died, yes, who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who indeed intercedes for us.?w? 35 Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will hardship, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written,
?For your sake we are being killed all day long;
we are accounted as sheep to be slaughtered.?
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord
The Holy Bible : New Revised Standard Version. 1989 (Ro 8:31-39). Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers.