Date: 2-23-97 AM
Speaker: Pastor Schreck
Title: A Journey Into God’s Anointing
Text: Exodus 25:1 -
Theme~/ Series: Anointing of God
We’re talking about a journey into the anointing of The Holy Ghost….
You’ll receive an anointing when you get to where God is… If you go where God is, If you will go to where God dwells, and if your heart is right
This morning let me give you a Seven Step Process that will assure you of The Anointing of God.
Join me in this … “JOURNEY INTO GOD’S ANOINTING.”
This *Seven Step Process* is the picture and Pattern that God gave to Moses in order to reveal to the children of Israel how they could know: 1) How God Thinks, 2) What God sees, 3) What God does, 4) What God will do, & 5) What God will not do.
T.S. God gave Moses Material to be placed in God’s Dwelling place… The Tabernacle.
THE THINGS TO BE PLACE IN GOD’S DWELLING: Ex.
A. *The Alloys-The metals*
1. */Gold/* = Type of the Divine Glory of the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God.
2. */Silver/* = Redemption, The preciousness of the Lord Jesus Christ as the Ransom for the sinner.
3. */Brass/* = Suffering, The power of the Lord Jesus to endure the Cross, because He is God.
B. *The Adornment of Colors*
1. */Blue/* = represent the manifestation of God’s holy character of love in the ways and death of Christ.
It would serve to remind the people of their divine origins.
2. */Purple/* = the color of a King~/Royalty.
Derived from mixing Blue & Scarlet = God coming down from heaven and becoming a man, a mixing of the heavenly into the earthly to form a totally new color, Purple, representing NEW LIFE.
3. */Scarlet /*= helps remind the children of Israel of the way of escape(cf.
Rahab helping the the spys escape… she left them down the wall by a scarlet rope… The scarlet rope represented their escape… It also is symbolic to us of the scarlet rope which is our escape from Sin.)
4. White -*/ Fine linen/* = Upon this ground-work of “fine linen,” the other colors were displayed so that the observer would first be arrested by the beauty of the blue, the depth of the purple, and the brilliancy of the scarlet, before noticing the material over which the colors were spread… This is a breath taking scenario of the “righteous one”… of Christ who “/took our sin, that we might be the righteousness of God in Him.”/
*NOTE:* The Reference of the four colors points to the Four
In */Mark’s gospel/*, White point to Jesus perfection, The pure man.
2. In *Matthew’s gospel*, Scarlet point to the suffering Savior, the Lord is represented as the Son Of David.
3. In*/ Luke’s gospel/*, Purple point to the King, royalty the wrote about.
4. In *John*, Blue points to the one sent from Heaven, Jesus the Son of God…
1. Goats Hair, used in the making of eleven curtains, represent
The Prophets of God
The goats used for offerings
1) one slain-blood poured out
2) One scape goat-sins carried as far as the east from the west.
The memorial of the death of the Lord
Jesus as the offering for sin.
2. */Rams Hides/* dyed red was a covering above the tent = it pointed the children of Israel to Abraham’s substitutionary sacrifice… It points to the fact that their must be a sacrifice for sin and that God would supply the sacrifice.
3. */Badger Skins/* were the covering around the Tabernacle.
They were very plain, nothing extraordinary = The separation from evil.
These skins that entirely hid God’s glory, may also represent the humiliation of the Lord in His earthly life and ministry.
If we looked at the Tabernacle from the outside you’d see a big tent, it was badger skins all the way out and part was open air… This was called the court yard, then as you move past the “court yard” into the Holy Place it was overlaid with those skins.
The different colors being represented, then you come to see the “Most Holy Place” where the “Ark of the covenant was,” and where the high Priest enters once a year to presented the sacrifice for Israel’s sin.
*NOTICE* there was only One gate, that tabernacle had the badger skins all the way around it, they were very plain, not at all attractive… looking at the things of God are about like looking at those badger skins… from outside they’re not attractive at all.
Looking at the things of God From the outside there’s nothing attractive about them.
The things of God are Hidden from those outside of them..
They just don’t see the purpose for the Badger Skins
*II.. THE THINGS OF GOD *
A. *Are like Badger Skins: People may say*
1. “I don’t know why we have to have such long services…”
2. Why do we do so much singing???
3. The Kids and people that go by our church… and see a drug store….(people
have told us: “When you get a building, when you have a hundred people, when you have Sunday school, when you have Missions Trips… We’ll be back to join the church…)
1) Those that make their judgements about this church based upon what it looks like, or what they’ve heard about the church, or what other churches have done to them… etc. etc…..etc….
2) They just can’t see beyond the “badger skins.”
The things of God here do not appeal to those in the world.
4. The Bible says: “The god of this world blinds the minds of the unbelievers.”
They can’t see the things we see unless they are in Christ
You can’t see the things of God unless you’re IN Christ.
You must be IN CHRIST, to see the things of GOD.
B. *Are Like Buried Treasure:* Matthew 13:44
/The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and hid; and for joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field./
The man found the Treasure in a field
2. He sold everything he had to purchase the field.
He sold out to serve God…
He gained the kingdom by selling out to the world.
*NOTE:* There are many things in church that can grieve a person, you can get hurt in church, you can get ate up in church….
At times the things of God look so drab, and so unappealing…
a. Just because it doesn’t look like God is doing something on the outside, it doesn’t mean that He’s not working on the inside.
1) Who hid the treasure?
2) Was it a coincidence that the treasure was found?
3) Why was the treasure worth so much?
In order to get the treasure you’ve got to get the field
1) by finding the treasure- being a seeker
2) by selling all you have - dying to self
3) by paying for the field - sacrificing for the purchase of the treasure.
When you buy the field, you get everything that’s in it.
( The Kingdom of God)
1) Some things that are in fields:
a) The rocks and the riches…
b) The weeds & the wealth it brings.
c) The broken jars and the broken hearts.
d) The squirrels and the squirrlies.
e) Thorns & Thistles, and all sorts of trash.