1 Peter 5:12
Peter says here that he has exhorted and testified of the grace of God.
1. We are in heaviness through manifold temptations
2. We are commanded to be holy.
3. Yet, we rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory.
1. we are to desire the sincere milk of the word.
2. we are called a peculiar people.
3. we must submit to every ordinance of man.
4. We must take it patiently when suffering for righteousness sake.
5. Yet, we have returned unto the shepherd and bishop of our souls.
1. Wives are to be subject to their own husbands.
2. Husbands are to dwell with their wives according to knowledge.
3. We must eschew evil and do good.
4. Be happy if you suffer.
5. Yet, we are saved by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
1. We know that to suffer in the flesh is to cease from sin.
2. think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you.
3. If you are reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye.
4. Yet, when His glory is revealed ye may be glad with exceeding joy.
1. We are to submit ourselves.
2. We are to humble ourselves.
3. We are to resist the devil.
4. Yet, he calls this the true grace.
I. Grace is liberty. (Galatians 5:1)
II. Grace is Transforming.
III. Grace is Sufficient. (2 Corinthians 12:9)