Are You Continuing
Are You Continuing?
2 Timothy 4:1-5
Opening: Relate Timothy joining Paul & Silas to a student joining Andrew and I
Ø Probably met Paul and was saved under Paul’s 1st Missionary journey (Acts13:4-14:27)
Ø Probably joined him on his 2nd Missionary journey
Ø Paul sent him to Ephesus which was one of the most important cities at that time.
- Preach the Word
- Referring back to v. 3:16
- Be prepared at all times
- Lit. “be instant”
- The message should be so intertwined with your life that it is always on the tip of your tongue.
- What the message should contain:
- People will not listen to the truth anymore
- They will surround themselves with people who will tell them what they want to hear.
- They will turn to teachings other than the truth
- Keep your head in all situations
- This world is going to test your patience
- They are waiting and watching for you to screw up
- Endure hardships
- Do the work of an evangelist
- Bringing people to Christ
- Discharge all of your duties
- Be faithful to the end and finish strong
- Especially powerful considering Paul’s circumstances
You’re not Timothy and I’m not Paul but…