The Journey of Life
Life on the Ragged Edge
- Who is the author?
- What is the Central Theme? (Ecc. 1:2)
- What does the word Ecclesiastes mean? (– One who calls an assembly)
History of Ecclesiastes:
- Why does it picture life as pointless?
- There are five main sections to this book that we are going to look at over the next several weeks.
- Introducing the journey 1:1-11
- Pursuing and exploring 1:12-6:9
i. He tries all sorts of things to find purpose in life.
- Reflecting and summarizing 6:10-11:6
* Solomon comes to some conclusions
* There is a central trust-lasting purpose and fulfillment can beng in a trusting relationship with God.
- Being young and growing old 11:7-12:8
- Drawing some final conclusions 12:9-14
Read Ecclesiastes 1-6
- Pay attention to what they say about the bad-life without God-and the good-life with God.
- Create a comparison chart of a list of all the good things and all the bad things mentioned in chapters one-six.
Home work assignment
- Read chapters 7-12 and create your own chart like we did with the first 6 chapters of this book.