Enough Is Enough
Enough Is Enough
1KI 19:4 But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now, O LORD, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers.
In every life there are at least three (3) questions that you should asked yourself:
1. “Who Am I?”
2. “What Am I Living For?”
If you have lived long enough to experience some ups and downs, some joy and some sadness, some friends and some enemies, some sunshine and some rain, some trials and some tribulations……..there is still another question.
3. “ How did I get where I am which is so far from where I am supposed to be?”
These questions can be viewed and answered on the prophetic career of Elijah.
In carrying out God’s work Elijah was in constant conflict with the King Ahab and his wife the Queen Jezebel. By various means and methods God tried to send a message to Ahab and Jezebel.
1. For three (3) years neither rain nor dew fell upon the face of the earth
*And they still did not repent
2. Ahab tried to quitclaim Naboth’s vineyard and God had to teach him a lesson.
*But still he would not repent.
3. God and Elijah double-teamed Ahab, Jezebel and their 450 prophets of Baal on Mt. Carmel.
* They still would not repent.
Jezebel said the same thing you did to my prophets is the same thing I’m going to do to you. As a matter of fact, you only have 24 hours to live.
NOW WE SEE A DEFEATED ELIJAH SITTING UNDER A JUNIPER TREE
HAVING A PITY PARTY.
1. He is in the rushing waters of internal turmoil
2. He is in the flooding waters of anxiety and anguish
3. He is suffering from professional prophetic burnout.
4. He is suffering depression and spiritual aloneness.
ELIJAH IS NOW ASKING THE QUESTION..”HOW DID I GET HERE, IT WASN’T SUPPOSE TO HAPPEN THIS WAY.
There are three (3) kinds of people here today!
1. Those who are in the wilderness and Elijah
2. Those who have just come out.
3. Those who are headed into the wilderness.
YOU MAY BE RIDING HIGH TODAY! BUT IN EVERY LIFE THERE COMES A TIME FOR SOME WILDERNESS DUTY. THE BIBLE SAYS IT RAINS ON THE JUST AS WELL AS THE UNJUST.
WE HAVE BROUGHT YOU TO THE WILDERNESS THIS MORNING TO LET YOU KNOW THAT GOD HEARD A WORD FROM ELIJAH. (Read the Text)
1. It is enough…I am tired of struggling with the Ahab’s and Jezebels of the world.
2. It is enough. I am weary with wrestling principalities and powers.
3. It is enough.. I don’t have what it takes to struggle with forces of iniquity and unrighteousness.
4. It is enough… I am tired of walking in the counsel of the ungodly and standing in the way of sinners.
Many of us today are sitting under the Juniper tree like Elijah wanting to die.
How long will we sit under the Juniper tree
How long will we hide from the Ahab’s and Jezebels of the world
How long will hang our harps on the willow tree
How long will we refuse to sing the Lord ‘s song in a strange land?
Listen Elijah was despondent…but he didn’t want to die…He Ask to Lord in verse 4.
1. From Jezreel to Beersheba is over one hundred miles
2. Elijah ran from Ahab and Jezebel over one hundred miles.
3. How many of us today are running away from our individual challenges?
4. How many of us are trying to escape a confrontation with some enemy?
Elijah ran 100 miles, but don’t under estimate the traveling power of evil.
1. You may as well stand still because trouble will follow you.
2. No need to move to another town.
3. No need to send you resume for another job.
4. No need to search for an alternative lifestyle.
5. No need to join another church.
TROUBLE WILL FOLLOW YOU WHEREEVER YOU GO…THE HELL YOU RUN FROM OVER HERE…WILL MEET YOU OVER THERE.
IF YOU REALLY LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND EXAMINE YOURSELF.. THE PROBLEM IS NOT THE WORLD….IT IS YOU!!!!!
YOU MIGHT AS WELL FACE THE FACT THAT WHEN GOD GIVES YOU AND ASSIGNMENT, YOU HAD BEST FIND YOURSELF DOING IT. WHATEVER GOD TOLD YOU TO DO…JUST DO THAT AND LEAVE THE REST TO HIM.
1. YOU CANNOT OUTRUN EVIL
2. YOU CAN’T TURN BACK THE HANDS OF TIME
3. You can’t alter history..But enough is enough….
The Hymnologist says: If you trust and never doubt,
He will surely bring you out
Take you burden to the Lord
And leave it there.