Topical - Holy Spirit - Operation of the Gifts
1. 1Corinthians 14:39-40—we believe that all of the gifts are for today, & that all of the gifts should be in operation in the church. We do not want to be “cookie-cutter-Christian’s”. If there is no gifts there is no ministry, if there is no ministry there is no church
2. Ephesians 4:11-13—is the model for ministry in the church for today.
a) Timothy is the model of this.
(1) Timothy was discipled & equipped by the apostle Paul
(a) When it came time to send him out to minister what did they do?
· Laid hands on him
· Imparted gifts to him
· Prophesied over him
· Then they sent him out
(b) Later on in his ministry, Paul tells him to minister according to the prophecies that were spoken over him (2 Tim.1:6-7).
(c) The ministry of Timothy was dependent upon:
· the equipping of Paul
· the gifting of the Holy Spirit
· Ministry in our church is going to happen exactly the same way.
· People need to be equipped by me in the Word of God, but they also need to know & function in the gifts of the Spirit that they have been given.