The Holy Trinity
· In the name of Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.
· Trinity is not a biblical name given to Tri-Une God. This name came after three hundred years from Jesus Christ. However, God’s works have been there from the beginning of the worlds.
· It is revealed by the Son of God who came from heaven to teach us what God all about.
· Nicodemus was the first one to learn from Jesus Christ, whom he respected well and believed in Him as the coming Messiah.
Born of the Spirit:
· Jesus said, “I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.” (John 3:5; Titus 3:4-5)
· Here born of water is the physical birth and born of the Spirit is the spiritual birth by the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God who lives in us and renewed us every day.
· Nicodemus did not understand at the beginning but later on, he understood the meaning of new birth.
· After Jesus left from the earth, God send the Holy Spirit to be with us always until the end of the world. Did you receive this Spirit of God through the baptism?
Son of God:
· What a loving God and the Father we have. His love has gone beyond limits to sacrifice Himself in the form of His Son Jesus Christ. He paid the highest price He could to bring us back to His love. John 3:16 tell us the story of God’s love for us.
· Jesus told Nicodemus that He is the Son of Man to fulfill the Law of Moses and He is the Son of God to sacrifice himself to give us eternal life.
· Nicodemus as a Pharisee, believed in God, by obeying the Law of God, he wanted to get favor of God. Now he came to understand to believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God or God Himself, would give him eternal life, which he did not even imagine.
· Like Nicodemus, we also do not understand the nature of Trinity. As Jesus believed the God is one, we also believe the God is one; He is our Father in heaven and the Creator of the universe.
· However, through Christ only we come to know that this one God revealed to us in three forms: God, Son and the Holy Spirit.
· His name is holy. We should always glorify His name in all the times for all His grace and mercy towards us.
· We received our Baptism in this Tri-Une God. Therefore, we may have a new life in us through the new this new birth.
· Dear believed, do you receive this new birth through the grace of God by believing in Christ Jesus. “Whoever believes in Him shall have eternal life” We will not perish but live for ever with our Lord God.
· Give glory to God for our re-birth.
· Praise God for our eternal life.
· Magnify His name for our salvation. Amen.