Christmas Gift #1 Fearless Living
Gift #1 Fearless Living
Christmas is about Gift giving but the gifts we give are but poor echoes of the Gifts God gave so long ago..
Here are the top 10 fears according to faceyourfearstoday.com:
10. Water (as in swimming and drowning not drinking).
8. Public Transportation (especially planes)
6. Tunnels and Bridges
3. Confined Spaces
1. Speaking in public
4 Steps to begin living free of fear.
Always Listen For Jesus’ Voice (v.4)
- Spoke to Simon Personally
- Sought out Simon
- Jesus was there on Purpose
- Jesus chose that boat at that time in that place
- Perceived Need
- Spiritual Need
- Desire to Serve God
Always Trust in Jesus (v.5)
- Trust Despite Previous Results
- They had fished all night and caught nothing
- The Heat of the Day…
- The Depth Jesus sent them too
- Simon answered, “Master, we’ve worked hard all night and haven’t caught anything.
- Jesus knows about spiritual things, the kingdom of heaven, God, prayer, but when it comes to practical affairs, running your business or your home, that’s where you’re the expert? (Larson, B., & Ogilvie, L. J. (1983). Vol. 26: The Preacher's Commentary Series)
Always Flee From Sin (v.8)
- When confronted with the reality of Jesus
- When one is honest and looks at the forgiveness of Jesus, The Love of Jesus, The holiness…
- Jesus answered, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.” ” (Luke 13:2–5, NIV)
- “Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. ” (Matthew 3:8, NIV)
- “In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” ” (Luke 15:10, NIV)
- “Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death. ” (2 Corinthians 7:10, NIV)
- Shampoo instructions… Lather, rinse, repeat as necessary
Always Say Yes to Jesus (vv.10-11)
- Follow His Lead
- Be like Jesus
- Not just walk like me and talk like me but Serve His purpose
There is a difference between concern and worry, in the same way there is a difference between apprehension and fear.