*The Power of Yes #4*
*Yes to Growth!!! (Part *B*)*
People of Yes—Amen
· Review Last week Growth
· Abiding—Teachable—Make Room—Serve~/Give—Connect
In Season ahead
· God has fruitfulness~/Blessing for you
*Yes to His Word*
· Psalm 12 But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.
o Something happens when you DELIGHT in the Word of the Lord
o ‘Chew Your Food’—Taste and See that the Lord is GOOD!
· Ps 119:105105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
· How the Word DEVELOPS in our hearts
o Jesus said word like seed
§ In right environment—it produces LIFE~/Nourishment
§ We can’t make it GROW—but create ENVIRONMENT
o How does a seed work—
o Works INTO our lives
§ Not always AWARE of what has been imparted
§ Looks like nothing has happened
§ Begins to grow INTO our lives
§ Shoots out—fruitfulness develops
· Sometimes—as you read—Great Jewels Quickened—just what you are needing
· Other times—down loading
o Don’t worry
o Jack Hayford—what you ate last Thursday still working in you
Many times—hidden word in my heart will spring up with POWER when you need it
§ In the Presence of Mine Enemies—1965-73 POW in Vietnam—Captain Howard Rutledge’s testimony
When say yes, */I will put word in my life/*
· You cultivate environment
· *Set yourself up fro GROWTH*
That’s why important read Bible
· Pastor Jake—Bible Reading plan
· First Steps class—how to read—get the most out of word
*As you say YES to Principle over Flesh*
· When flesh says NO to pain
· In Natural—training body—pain
· Therapy—painful, yes—Joy on other side
· Passing the TESTS!
o Abraham~/Isaac on altar
o Jesus greatest example
o Matt 22:36
36 Then Jesus went with them to the olive grove called Gethsemane, and he said, “Sit here while I go over there to pray.” 37 He took Peter and Zebedee’s two sons, James and John, and he became anguished and distressed.
38 He told them, “My soul is crushed with grief to the point of death.
Stay here and keep watch with me.”
39 He went on a little farther and bowed with his face to the ground, praying, “My Father!
If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me.
Yet I want your will to be done, not mine.”
40 Then he returned to the disciples and found them asleep.
He said to Peter, “Couldn’t you watch with me even one hour?
41 Keep watch and pray, so that you will not give in to temptation.
For the spirit is willing, but the body is weak!”
42 Then Jesus left them a second time and prayed, “My Father!
If this cup cannot be taken away~* unless I drink it, your will be done.”
WF Chocolate bars testimony
Many times it’s not so dramatic
· Sometimes—faithful—when flesh doesn’t want (define better)
· Give clearer examples of places principle over flesh
· Repenting when stumble or failure
o After we stumble~/disappointment—
o Keep pressing IN to God—so Key
o Dream died
o Say Yes to Him in midst
*/You grow when you say YES to principle over what your FLESH wants to do!!/*
*As you Say Yes to Regularly Cultivating Your First Love with the Lord*
· Rev 2
“Write this letter to the angel~* of the church in Ephesus.
This is the message from the one who holds the seven stars in his right hand, the one who walks among the seven gold lampstands:
2 “I know all the things you do.
I have seen your hard work and your patient endurance.
I know you don’t tolerate evil people.
You have examined the claims of those who say they are apostles but are not.
You have discovered they are liars.
3 You have patiently suffered for me without quitting.
4 “But I have this complaint against you.
You don’t love me or each other as you did at first!~* 5 Look how far you have fallen!
Turn back to me and do the works you did at first.
If you don’t repent, I will come and remove your lampstand from its place among the churches.
6 But this is in your favor: You hate the evil deeds of the Nicolaitans, just as I do.
7 “Anyone with ears to hear must listen to the Spirit and understand what he is saying to the churches.
To everyone who is victorious I will give fruit from the tree of life in the paradise of God.
HOW do you do it??
· Just like with GROWTH—cant’ force first love
· But you CAN cultivate the RIGHT ENVIRONMENT where first love can grow