1.22.23 Hebrews: "A Life of Faith"
Hebrews: “A Life of Faith”
January 22, 2023
“I hold no man’s faith to be sure faith unless he knows what he believes!” Charles Spurgeon
I. The meaning of faith. (vs 1)
II. The reward of faith. (vs 2)
III. The basic understanding of faith. (vs 3)
1. The world itself.
2. The Bible.
3. Jesus Christ is the living revelation of God to mankind.
4. The witness of the indwelling Holy Spirit.
IV. The spiritual power of faith. (vs 4-5)
1. Faith has the spiritual power to grant righteousness.
I John 3:12; I Peter 3:18
2. Faith has the spiritual power to bring man to God.
V. The necessities of faith. (vs 6)
1. He must believe in God – that God is – that God exists.
2. He must believe that God rewards those who seek Him.
LET’S GO DEEPER:
1. How does the end of Hebrews 10 connect to Hebrews 11?
2. Explain in your own words how the people of the Old Testament received their commendation or approval from God. In what did they place their faith?
3. How is their faith the same as our faith? How is it different?
4. How does Abel still speak, though he is dead?
5. After considering the manner of your life right now, what would be said about you in your eulogy? What might you need to change so that your faith continues to speak even after you’ve passed?
6. What is the ultimate reason Christians accept the existence of God?