I. Unlikely: an eternal God in a temporary body.
- A. The Word became flesh. (John 1).
- B. This life became a prelude. (II Cor. 4:16-18).
Let's live with perspective and hope!
II. Unlikely: a matchless King in an ordinary existence.
- A. Simple birth. (Luke 2:6-7).
- B. Simple settings. (John 1:14; I Tim. 3:16; Col. 2:9; Isaiah 52:13-53:5; Heb. 4:14-15).
- C. Simple life.
Let's find God's extraordinary in the midst of our ordinary.
III. Unlikely: An amazing Savior on a sacrificial mission.
- Jesus had a sense of purpose and mission. (Luke 2:46-49).
- Jesus was born to die. (Lk. 2:34-35; John 3:16; 10:11; 10:17-18).
- Let's die to live. (Mark 8:34-35; Gal. 2:20).
Today my gift to Jesus is _____________________.