The Mission of the Church
Select all the text in this box and paste your sermon here...
I. IN RELATION TO GOD:
The Church is to be a “Corporate Body in which Man may Worship God”
1. To worship God in Spirit and in Truth. (John 4:24)
2. To Maintain an Unbroken Communion with God. (1John 1:7; Ephesians 4:15-16)
3. To share in the Ministry of Intersession. (Romans 8:26; Ephesians 6:18)
4. To Yield to the Holy spirit for the Full Expression of His gifts and fruits. (1Corintians 12:7,14; Galatians 5:22-25; Colossians 3:12-15)
II. IN RELATION TO BELIEVERS:
The Mission of the Church in relation to believers is to be a “Channel of God’s Purpose to Build a Body of Saints that is being Perfected in the Image of His Son”.
1. To cultivate a sense of mutual responsibilities as members of the Body of Christ in fulfilling our Mission. (1Corinthians 3:9; 12:12; Ephesians 4:11-16; Philippians 1:3-5; 2Thessalonians 3:1)
2. To use God’s Word both in the church and in personal devotions. (Colossians 3:16; 1Peter 2:2; Matthew 4:4; 2Timothy 3:14-17)
3. To recognize the Prophetic significance of our times. (James 5:8; 1Thessalonians 5:2; 2Timothy 3:1-5; Luke 21:24-33; 1Thessalonians 4:16-17)
4. To keep eternal values in view. (2Corinthians 5:10-11;Romans 14:10-12)
III. In Relation to the World:
The Mission of the Church in relation to the world is to “Be God’s Agency for Evangelizing the World”.
1. To evangelize because man’s primary need is regeneration. (John 3:3; 2Corinthians 5:17; Romans 3:20-25; Titus 3:5)
2. To value human souls for whom Christ died. (1Peter 1:18-19; Mark 8:35-37; John 3:16; Revelation 21:8)
3. To realize the tragedy of eternally lost souls. John 3:18; revelation 21:8; Mark 9:43; Luke 16:19-31; Revelation 20:11-15)
4. To claim the Holy Spirit’s enablement to win the lost. (Acts 1:8; John 15:26-27; Acts 2:1-41; 8:26-39)