Sermon Tone Analysis
Overall tone of the sermon
This automated analysis scores the text on the likely presence of emotional, language, and social tones. There are no right or wrong scores; this is just an indication of tones readers or listeners may pick up from the text.
A score of 0.5 or higher indicates the tone is likely present.
Tone of specific sentences
.5 - .6
.6 - .7
.7 - .8
.8 - .9
Dream to Destiny
Passing the Prison Test
(James’ Message) Daddy, do they have WIFI in heaven?
And so it was, when she saw that he had left his garment in her hand and fled outside,
that she called to the men of her house and spoke to them, saying, “See, he has brought in to us a Hebrew to mock us.
He came in to me to lie with me, and I cried out with a loud voice.
And it happened, when he heard that I lifted my voice and cried out, that he left his garment with me, and fled and went outside.”
So she kept his garment with her until his master came home.
Then she spoke to him with words like these, saying, “The Hebrew servant whom you brought to us came in to me to mock me;
so it happened, as I lifted my voice and cried out, that he left his garment with me and fled outside.”
So it was, when his master heard the words which his wife spoke to him, saying, “Your servant did to me after this manner,” that his anger was aroused.
Then Joseph’s master took him and put him into the prison, a place where the king’s prisoners were confined.
And he was there in the prison.
But the LORD was with Joseph and showed him mercy, and He gave him favor
in the sight of the keeper of the prison.
And the keeper of the prison committed to Joseph’s hand all the prisoners who were in the prison; whatever they did there, it was his doing.
The keeper of the prison did not look into anything that was under Joseph’s authority, because the LORD was with him; and whatever he did, the LORD made it prosper.
The Prison Test is the test of perseverance!
• Will you do the right thing even when you suffer the wrong results?
• Will you continue to do the right thing when things don’t change?
Many people think that they’re going to do something for God • After God delivers them out of their unjust circumstances!
And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance;
Romans 5:4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope.
Now hope does not disappoint
This word for glory is not “doxa”!
(168 compared to 38 - sneezing) •It means rejoice and the root of it means wish or pray for!
• How can we wish or pray for and rejoicein tribulations?
• Because we know what they produce!
1. Tribulation produces perseverance.
Joseph did the right thing and went to prison!
• Have you ever done the right thing and suffered the wrong results?
• Tribulation and trials are going to come!
Get used to it!
“In the world you willhave tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”
My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,
James 1:3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.
Trials (short) produce patience.
Tribulation (long) produce perseverance!
• Patience is waiting with contentment!
• Not just waiting, but keeping your heart right while you’re waiting.
If you’re in line at the drive through bank
• But you’re yelling at the people in front of you
• Don’t send the tube back again!
Perseverance is fighting the battle while you’re waiting with contentment!
• Trials produce patience.
Tribulation produces perseverance!
• Trials are short.
Tribulation is long!
Perseverance doesn’t come in a week!
For Joseph, it was 13 years.
• For David and Paul, it was 13 years.
• For Abraham, it was 25 years.
For Moses, it was 40 years.
Joseph didn’t get bitter at God, the Egyptians, or his brothers.
• We know that because he continued ministering to people
• And working hard enough to be promoted even in prison!
Are you in a difficult test right now?
• Has it been going on for years?
• Then rejoice!
God is working perseverance in you!
2. Perseverance produces character.
Why do we need to go through long and difficult trials?
• Because perseverance produces character!
• Character enables us to step into and fulfill our destinies.
The worst thing someone can do for you is either,
• Promote you before you are ready,
• Or deliver you out of a trial that God is using to build your character.
Tribulation is the only thing I can find that God said produces character.
• He didn’t say any other thing in the Bible produces character!
• It is only produced by perseverance
God, isn’t there any other way to get character?
• Maybe I could get it by impartation.
• Maybe I could get someone of character to pray for me!
• I want character and I want it now, quickly and painlessly!
Joseph was a man of great ability.
No matter where he was, he prospered,
• God wanted to show him that his own ability couldn’t deliver him.
• He interpreted the Baker and the Butler’s dreams!
“But remember me when it is well with you, and please show kindness to me; make mention of me to Pharaoh, and get me out of this house.”
.5 - .6
.6 - .7
.7 - .8
.8 - .9