Let's Do The Good Thing
The Good Lord Psalm 92
1 It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD,
And to sing praises unto thy name, O most High:
2 To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning,
And thy faithfulness every night,
3 Upon an instrument of ten strings, and upon the psaltery;
Upon the harp with a solemn sound.
4 For thou, LORD, hast made me glad through thy work:
I will triumph in the works of thy hands.
5 O LORD, how great are thy works!
And thy thoughts are very deep.
To begin with brothers and sisters, Christian Friends,Well Wishers and Saints of God it is the last sermon of thanksgiving unto the Lord. and the text says
1. It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, So right now, in the Mighty name of Jesus Lord I just want to say thank you. It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord.
I have my health and my strength, Lord I want to thank you.
I have a roof over my head Lord, I want to thank you. I had great food on my table for thanksgiving Lord, I want to thank you. I didn’t catch no heart attack or a stroke Lord I want to thank you. The police didn’t come to my house Lord I want to thank you. I’m not in the hospital with no love ones or no church members trying to pray for them to live through the night , Lord I want to thank you.I’m in my right mind here at church where precious prayers can be heard and tender mercy can be found and Lord I want to thank you.
2. To sing praises unto thy name, O most High: Certainly if I had a song, I’d sing it. And you ought to have a favorite song to sing unto the Lord. Hallelujah Glory to God, Bless His Holy Righteous and Majestic Name.
3. Oh Most High God. Elohim, Elshaddai, ElElion, El roi, Jehovah Shalom, Jehovah Ralpa , Jehovah Niche, Jehovah Jireh, Jesus the Christ, The Prince of Peace, The Most High God, The Everlasting Father, The Mighty Counselor, My Burden Bearer, My Heavy Load sharer, My shelter in the time of a storm, Jesus My Lilly of the valley, Jesus My bright and Morning Star, and Jesus the Rose of Sharon. He’s The Seed of a Woman, the Passover Lamb, the High Priest, My Shekinah Glory, The True prophet.The Delivering Judge,The King of Kings and the Lord of Lord,My Builder and Restorer He’s Alpha and Omega the Beginning and the Ending and
We therefore, know and confess that God is without beginning, without end, eternal and everlasting, uncreated, unchangeable, invariable, simple, yet compound, incorporeal, invisible, impalpable, un-circumscribed, infinite, incognisable, indefinable, incomprehensible, um um good, He just, maker of all things created, God is the almighty, all-ruling, all-surveying, and overseeing it all. He’s the sovereign judge; and God is One God in Three persons The Father The Word and The Spirit, that is to say, He is one essence and is known, as His being in three subsistences, Called the Trinity. Oh Most High. Yes Sir! Oh Most High.
3. In verse 2. To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, The writer of the Psalms is saying that I want to tell the world about how good my God is… All through out the Psalms and this great big old bible, we’ll find instances where somebody is declaring God’s Lovingkindness.
Not to keep you too long, but do you’ll remember when the Children of Israel were complaining about not having any food to eat after leaving the bondage of Egyptian Slavery. Israel was still thinking like a slave, hum hum.
Here’s what I mean, They said Moses you brought us out here in this desert, in this wilderness and we’re going tot die of starvation. They said Moses, we miss the leek, the onions, and the garlic from Egypt. And Moses although we were slaves , At least we had food to eat. And God heard them complain and Moses talked to God about it. And in the Morning, They had sweet bread. And this is how it went , in the morning time The Children of Israel gathered the sweet seeds that fell from heaven and every morning they had enough for their families for one day . They called it Manna because it came from above.
And in the NT Jesus carried the narrative in His Our Father Prayer, Jesus said “Give us our daily bread”. And long story short, God through his lovingkindness supplied Israel with bread from heaven every morning. That’s why the songwriter aid Bread of Heaven Bread of Heaven feed me until I want no more.
Brothers and sisters the word of God says That God’s mercies are new and tender and fresh every morning.
But there’s also a warning here. If the Children of Israel tried to saved any of the Manna for the next day or gather more than they needed God would make the food turn to worms and magets. And this tell me not to worry about tomorrow because the Good Lord knows all about tomorrow and what I’ll need when tomorrow get here.
I know I’m right about it because the bible says Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you. Preach Boy!!!
4. In the b clause of verse 2. The word says “And thy faithfulness every night”, Scripture back up scripture Everything ever said has a back up system to it because
Psalms 121:3. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved:
He that keepeth thee will not slumber.
4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel
Shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The LORD is thy keeper:
The LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, Nor the moon by night.
I don’t know about you but The Lord watches over me by night while I slumber and sleep. I don’t stay up worrying about nothing. And I read in one of those plain English Bible where it said Why are you staying up worrying about stuff and things when you can’t change none of that anyway. Only the Lord God Jehovah can change things So pray to Him about.
5. in verse 3. Upon an instrument of ten strings, and upon the psaltery;
Upon the harp with a solemn sound.
The Psalms is a musicians paradise because there are 150 songs in the Psalms to choose from. And if you have the gift of being able to play an instrument like David you ought to play with all your might. I still enjoy playing music for God. God blessed me the gift of musicianship. Furthermore God blessed me with the spirit of being a team player. And what that means is , I like to see other musicians express their musical talents. If you can play use your talents for the Lord.
And then verse
6. For thou, LORD, hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of thy hands. The works of thy hands is marvelous. Listen to me when I think about the Goodness of the Lord and all He has done for me, my soul cry out and say Hallelujah, Glory to God, Thank you Jesus, and Amen. I can’t tell all of the wonderful works of God, but I can tell you one. in Genesis God said let us make man in our own image and God formed man from the dust of the ground breathed into him nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul. And for that alone the works of God is magnificent. And what really puts icing on the cake is what Jesus said about it. Jesus said For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. Let’s do a good thing. and Then lastly in verse
7. O LORD, how great are thy works! And thy thoughts are very deep. How great are thy works Lord. When we think about how you made the heavens and the earth and how you gave us air to breathe, and how you put the wet in water, and dry in the desert. How you scoop out valleys and pushed up the mountains that raise up their heads and look toward heaven. And Lord how you made the river flow to the sea and yet the seas never over runs its boundaries. And Lord I’m in awe of how you made the birds and the bees and the flowers and the trees. Our heaven Father is awesome. What a wonderful God we serve.What a fascinating God we serve. I’m so amazed by the works of the hands of God. And the more you read about God the more you’ll be ready to do the good thing. Let’s do the good thing. The text says it’s a good thing to give thanks to the Lord. Somebody in here ought to say thank you Lord , You been mighty good to me. Lord you’ve been better to me than I’ve been to myself.
I’ve got to close right here. And ter rah The first part of this Psalm is about Doing the Good Thing And the The Good thing is to Praise the Lord.